No announcement yet.

NHL Fantasy League Hockey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am good with either Roti or Points, if I had to choose, I am more experienced with Points.

We have what, five people interested? Surely there are more puck-heads on this board!

Comment

I'm changing it to points for now...everyone post opinions if they feel differently.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

I know I don't know as much about hockey as some of you Canadians (so don't expect that great a team from me ), but I have ample experience running and participating in fantasy leagues. If I can be any help...

I'd vote for H2H. That always proves more interesting. Points and Roto have the unwanted side effect that if you fall back too early, you may as well give up (and most do). With H2H, even if you are pretty far back, beating, say, the top squad in the league is a good goal to look forward to.

I agree with Guy that goalies should be given less power over the final tally. Perhaps just have GAA and SV% and forget about Wins and Losses.

Also, I'd recommend taking out the Can't Cut List.

Oh, and if we are doing an offline draft (I recommend it), then Asher, as Commish (you started the league) would have to input every pick.
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
          I agree with Guy that goalies should be given less power over the final tally. Perhaps just have GAA and SV% and forget about Wins and Losses.

Also, I'd recommend taking out the Can't Cut List.
          These seem like good ideas to me.

I'll do that now, and people can yell at me if they disagree and we'll vote.

Oh, and if we are doing an offline draft (I recommend it), then Asher, as Commish (you started the league) would have to input every pick.
          Yeah, got that now.

What kind of deadlines should we have for the draft?
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

As I said earlier, H2H is more entertaining and creates much more banter. But you also have to watch your roster and matchups much more closely, making weekly and sometimes daily changes.

If everyone pledges to participate and stay the course during rough water, I'm okay with H2H.

Comment

I'll keep tabs on my team, probably checking it semi-daily.

but i won't be maintaining it as much as my other team, which i've been with the same group of guys for like 3 seasons running.
              Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

Seems like the vote is in favor of H2H?

Current stats:
                Code:
                League ID#: 	4355
                League Name: 	Apolyton
                Password: 	samurai
                Season Type: 	Full
                Draft Type: 	Offline Draft
                Max Teams: 	20
                Scoring Type: 	Head-to-Head
                Max Moves: 	No maximum
                Max Trades: 	No maximum
                Trade Reject Time: 	2
                Trade End Date: 	March 9, 2006
                Waiver Time: 	2 days
                Can't Cut List Provider: 	None
                Trade Review: 	League Votes
                Post Draft Players: 	Follow Waiver Rules
                Weekly Deadline: 	Daily - Tomorrow
                Start Scoring on: 	Week 1
                Roster Positions: 	C, C, LW, LW, RW, RW, D, D, D, D, G, G, BN, BN, BN, BN, IR
                Stat Categories: 	G, A, +/-, PPP, FW, GAA, SV%, SHO

Comment

did you put in a minimum games played for goalies?

if we aren't playing with Wins, thats a must.

Comment

Originally posted by Ninot
                    did you put in a minimum games played for goalies?

if we aren't playing with Wins, thats a must.
                    What kind of minimum would you recommend?

Comment

3's the default isn't it?

I think that's about right, maybe make it 2 if we fill the league.

Comment

What kind of deadlines should we have for the draft?

In the football and baseball fantasy drafts we've generally had 24 hour deadlines and then if you miss the 24 hours, you get the Best Available Player at Yahoo (you can pick Projected or Actual Rank), aka BAPAY.

We have 16 slots... in my Poly fantasy football league we had the same number and we finished in about 4 weeks, IIRC, if not less.
                        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

I don't have time to be super involved in player transactions, so I'd personally prefer the Points option. But if I'm in the minority, I'll go along with H2H- I'd just expect to be less competitive.

Don't know if Flubber and/or KH would be interested, but you may want to let them know about it.
                          "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
                          "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
                          "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

If we're using Faceoff Wins, from past experience I recommended adjusting the points downwards, to .5 or .25.

Comment

As I understand it I can't adjust specific points unless we do Points only.

Comment

Oh, right.

Perhaps we should come to some sort of Gentleman's agreement about some of the evil pool tactics possible. Like stockpiling your bench with starting goalies, leaving people on IR after they're back, and hoarding specific positions your opponent(s) have deficiency in.

Comment

Working...
                                X