Lions+Elephants in N.America!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lions+Elephants in N.America!!!

BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

its not april the 1st, so i guess this must be serious. Anyway even though i agree that we should use our scientific knowledge to come up with decent solutions to various problems, i think we should be carefull with these kind of experiments.
    I would have thought that after the experience of the grey squirel in the uk and cane toads in australia etc, our boffins would have realised the potential disaster non-native speices can pose in a particular enviroment.

So i'm caustious about the actual good this will do - why not use more native speices(like wolves/cougars etc)?
    'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

North American Lions

Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Silly BBC. Don't they know you can only see lions in Kenya?

Comment

Re: Lions+Elephants in N.America!!!

Originally posted by child of Thor
        BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

So i'm caustious about the actual good this will do
        It won't do any good.
        Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

If God had intended for elephants to return to North America, he'd have given them REALLY big fins, or an hitherto unprecedented jumping ability.

Comment

They could put them out in west Texas...it would give us another thing to shoot at.
            Texas is the greatest country in the world!

Historical Rants and Philosophical Dilemmas
            http://www.geocities.com/jeff_roberts65/

Comment

Maybe its a russian plan to over run amercia with dangerous wildlife??
              'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Comment

Re: Re: Lions+Elephants in N.America!!!

Originally posted by General Ludd

It won't do any good.
                You need to read up on your ecosystem studies then.
                "Compromises are not always good things. If one guy wants to drill a five-inch hole in the bottom of your life boat, and the other person doesn't, a compromise of a two-inch hole is still stupid." - chegitz guevara
                "Bill3000: The United Demesos? Boy, I was young and stupid back then.
                Jasonian22: Bill, you are STILL young and stupid."

"is it normal to imaginne dartrh vader and myself in a tjhreee way with some hot chick? i'ts always been my fantasy" - Dis

Comment

I approve this idea!
                  "Our words are backed with NUCLEAR WEAPONS!"​​

Comment

well it would certainly improve the genetic pool of all americans - you'll become superfit lion wrestling he-men(and women)

Comment

Re: Re: Lions+Elephants in N.America!!!

Originally posted by General Ludd

It won't do any good.
                      "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
                      I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
                      Middle East!

Comment

Originally posted by Anaximander
                        They could put them out in west Texas...it would give us another thing to shoot at.
                        Shooting poachers.
                        Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Lions+Elephants in N.America!!!

Originally posted by Bill3000

Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

I'm sceptical, but I would be interested to see their research. At least if it is introduced megafauna screwing things up we have a decent chance of recapturing them. Toads and squirrels are unexterminatable, but elephants kinda stand out.
                            Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                            "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

yeah, they are much easier to round up. Unlike the nutria rats along the gulf coast. nasty things. They **** everywhere.

Comment

Working...
                              X