how do you fall asleep at night?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I normally fall asleep very quickly.

On the rare occasions when I have problems falling asleep it most of the times helps, if I try to visualize places I have visited in dreams of my past (there are some places which I dreamed of, for example a beach with a half buried tower which looks like Big Ben, which are very easy for me to visualize)
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Buy one of these and put it near your bed, it will help

Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

Jack off in order to sleep. Well, it's Apolyton after all
        I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

If ever I can't sleep I go out and buy a thousand dollars worth of blow. I do 3 lines to start and then another line every hour. When I'm finished I wander around town in a coke haze. Usually I hit 10-15 clubs in a night. At the last one I pick up 2 underaged Filipinas (Thai girls will do in an emergency) and **** them both until my balls retract into my brain. Then I sit down and write the first half of the greatest novel of the new millennium. After that I'm generally pretty tired and the coke is wearing off, so I pretty much close my eyes and fall asleep immediately.
          12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
          Stadtluft Macht Frei
          Killing it is the new killing it
          Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Z ?
            We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

I have a number of fantasies I like to think about as I am trying to sleep. All the fantasies involve beautiful women.

All my fantasies are set in a post apocalyptic world. Sometimes I lead a nomadic existence riding a camel around the desert, with a few female slaves for company. Sometimes I lay in ambush for slave trains, and when I free the female slaves (all nude of course) they offer their services for lack of alternate options.

Sometimes I roam around in a car like Mad Max.

Sometimes I live in a desolate city beseiged by zombies.

Sometimes I am in an underground bunker with a number of other women.

Sometimes I live in a utopian underground city, where all the inhabitants have been conditioned to avoid sex. I of course take it upon myself to corrupt some of the female citizens.

If I see an attractive woman on the street, or there is a woman I fancy in Survivor or some other show, then she will star in my fantasy.

I do not think about explicit sex or anything, for that would distract my intention to sleep. I just think about mundane, domestic type situations where the women wear nothing but undies.

Pretty sad, but it gets me to sleep without fail.
              Voluntary Human Extinction Movement http://www.vhemt.org/

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger
                It takes me about a minute or two to fall asleep. Then again I can sleep anywhere, on buses, planes, ships, etc.
                I have the same problem as Diss, always takes me ages to fall asleep but put me in a plane, bus or car and I'm gone in a minute.

I don't like the complete silence of it all.
                Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by Bkeela
                  Sometimes I live in a desolate city beseiged by zombies.
                  Female zombies I suppose
                  Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                  Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

dont force yourself to sleep...dont force yourself not to think about anything...just let every thought work itself out and you find that you fall a sleep quicker...i am down to half hour to hour from a minimum of 1,5 hours because of that...
                    Bunnies!
                    Welcome to the DBTSverse!
                    God, Allah, boedha, siva, the stars, tealeaves and the palm of you hand. If you are so desperately looking for something to believe in GO FIND A MIRROR
                    'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us

Comment

I work at night. Try falling asleep during the day when its bright!

This is why Donegeal hopes for rainy days.
                      Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                      1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

I find closing my eyes is usually a good prompt.

That and exercise and not eating deep fried bell peppers with extra lard just before lying down.
                        Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Order!
                          That's where it's at. You have to have order. Order on things and in life. And plenty of things to do. Then you can sleep. If you don't have that and are loose it becomes difficult.

Comment

I fall asleep within 10 minutes of going to bed unless I am stressed about something. It may sound mundane but going to bed at a pretty regular time and getting up at a pretty regular time works wonders. I can't stay asleep past 7. a.m. anymore.

If you can't or won't get into a regular pattern, the masturbation thing would likely help OR you could read something boring like the manual for a new digital camera or a novel you have read previously (forget this one if the lamp will distract you too much. Even television . .. I find I would always pass out if I put something on that is mindless. It would be distracting enough but wouldn't engage me enough to keep me awake . . . and with the sleep timer feature, you don't have to be worried about being awakened at 3 am with some loud informercial
                            You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

I read Dis threads and I'm asleep within minutes.
                              Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander's Horse
                                I read Dis threads and I'm asleep within minutes.

Not me- some of them are too weird and disturbing for easeful rest.
                                Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Working...
                                X