No announcement yet.

New Zealand election thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also as Agathon said, not all tribes signed the treaty, what about their land confiscations? All's fair in love and war aye?

I don't think so.

Cali is just a racist.
    Only feebs vote.

Comment

Yeah I agree, I was using sarcasm. I know, I know doesn't work on the net.

Comment

Originally posted by Flip McWho
        The Maori were nowhere near extinction untill the Brits got here and gave them the ability to wipe each other out enmasse, aka muskets. Before that yes plenty of infighting, but nowhere near extinction.
        Ah, it's all whitey's fault! As usual! So you didn't bother to read my post about chief Hongi. If you can't be bothered to read my posts, then I can't be bothered composing a proper response.
        ...people like to cry a lot... - Pekka
        ...we just argue without evidence, secure in our own superiority. - Snotty

Comment

The Maori were nowhere near extinction untill the Brits got here and gave them the ability to wipe each other out enmasse, aka muskets. Before that yes plenty of infighting, but nowhere near extinction. Hell I've tried some wonderful sh*t but I want whatever the hell you're smoking.

That argument is only fair if we you suppose that the maori were barbarians at the state of nature when they were allowed muskets, and in that case, their culture doesn't deserve survival anyway.
          urgh.NSFW

Comment

Like the American Indians, the Maori had many tribes, some were cannibals, some were warmongering, others were peaceful.
            be free

Comment

So, blaming them killing each other on "the white man" is ****ing idiotic.
              urgh.NSFW

Comment

No thats not what I said at all. They were killing each other before, I never said they weren't. All the white man did by giving them the muskets is letting them do it more efficiently. Before they were doing it close quarters style with hand to hand weaponary, after the white man arrived they had the new and improved method of firing a musket at each other, and not all tribes got muskets at the same time. Also I don't see where I said it was the white mans fault. Hell you might as well blame the problems in Africa on capitalism.

Making general statements about a country you know nothing about is ****ing idiotic as well.

I do read your posts. They're just so full of **** they're not worth responding too.

Comment

The musket wars have very little to do with most of the land disputes. Those arise over confiscations. The government of the time basically endorsed shady land deals when the tribes didn't want to sell. Some of the Maoris protested and it escalated into a minor war. The Maori were in no way at fault. They merely wanted to keep their own land and not sell it to the government.

BTW. In the first musket vs. taiaha engagement the musket wielders were soundly beaten by the men with sticks.
                  Only feebs vote.

Comment

Hey, if those minority who want their land back, fine, lets see how far they get without technology, no hospitals, no transport; they have to live off the land like they did 200 years ago.

Infact, if I am not wrong, the Maori do have huge amounts of land in both Islands, where they all gather together and have a hongi.

I don't own even 1 inch of land in NZ.
                    be free

Comment

No thats not what I said at all. They were killing each other before, I never said they weren't. All the white man did by giving them the muskets is letting them do it more efficiently. Before they were doing it close quarters style with hand to hand weaponary, after the white man arrived they had the new and improved method of firing a musket at each other, and not all tribes got muskets at the same time. Also I don't see where I said it was the white mans fault. Hell you might as well blame the problems in Africa on capitalism.

Making general statements about a country you know nothing about is ****ing idiotic as well.

I do read your posts. They're just so full of **** they're not worth responding too.
                      Oh yes, I know nothing about NZ...I only lived there for 26 years.

You get emotional too easily...therefore I won't bother responding to any more of your silly outbursts.

Comment

Originally posted by Agathon
                        The Maori were in no way at fault.
                        When are they ever?

Comment

No thats not what I said at all. They were killing each other before, I never said they weren't. All the white man did by giving them the muskets is letting them do it more efficiently. Before they were doing it close quarters style with hand to hand weaponary, after the white man arrived they had the new and improved method of firing a musket at each other, and not all tribes got muskets at the same time.

Yep. and it's terrible they didn't shape up.

Also I don't see where I said it was the white mans fault. Hell you might as well blame the problems in Africa on capitalism

Many do.
                          urgh.NSFW

Comment

Making general statements about a country you know nothing about is ****ing idiotic as well. - Wasn't aimed at you cali.

Comment

Secondly, I realise I was a bit emotional in that post, not usually am, RL was quite crap at the time, sorry for taking it out on you guys who have nothing to do with it.

Comment

Secondly, I realise I was a bit emotional in that post, not usually am, RL was quite crap at the time, sorry for taking it out on you guys who have nothing to do with it.
                                Well, as long as you don't mess up RL because of what happens here you may be excused
                                With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Working...
                                X