No announcement yet.

Someone hands you $125K...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(except the fact that if I cut video games, alcohol, and eating out daily, I wouldn't need a loan)

JM
    Jon Miller-
    I AM.CANADIAN
    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Camden, NJ? Most people try to move out of there.. $125k gives you enough to do that. Why would you stay/go there?

What charity would you give to?
      Camden, AR, apparently the only place you can buy a nice home for under $125K...

Actually, come to think of it, if I just got a totally free $125K handed to me, I'd buy a building downtown and open some kind of business and put an apartment in the back of it...but most of them probably need at least a little remodeling. It would eat up the whole check probably.

As for charitable giving, a local cause would be preferable.
      meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

The Camden over here is, alas, nowhere near as cheap
        Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

forget vegas, i'd drop 100k into more google stock, pray for it to split a few times, and then take a couple world trips with the other 25k while my stock is making me rich...
          "Mal nommer les choses, c'est accroître le malheur du monde" - Camus (thanks Davout)

"I thought you must be dead ..." he said simply. "So did I for a while," said Ford, "and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks. A kept myself amused all that time jumping in and out of a gin and tonic."

Comment

Originally posted by Kaak
            forget vegas, i'd drop 100k into more google stock, pray for it to split a few times, and then take a couple world trips with the other 25k while my stock is making me rich...
            At 298, can Google really go any higher? Most analysts are no longer reccommending this as a buy..

Comment

bfg: i don't want it to go higher, i want it to split
              "Mal nommer les choses, c'est accroître le malheur du monde" - Camus (thanks Davout)

"I thought you must be dead ..." he said simply. "So did I for a while," said Ford, "and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks. A kept myself amused all that time jumping in and out of a gin and tonic."

Comment

Is the $125,000 tax free?

If it is...$25,000 into Roth IRA right off the bat. I'd put another $20,000 into savings. Probably get me laser eye surgery so I don't have to wear glasses anymore. I guess the rest I'd use to go back to school for my Masters. That'll probably cost $30,000...

I'd also give $2,000 to the surfriders foundation. The rest? Take a vacation to Japan and Australia and move out of my house and rent an apartment.
                Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
                Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
                *****Citizen of the Hive****
                "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Comment

Transfer to Harvard.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaak
                    bfg: i don't want it to go higher, i want it to split
                    Splitting is useless if it doesn't go any higher.
                    "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
                    "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
                    "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

Don't confuse Kaak. I want him to have a clear mind when I sell him my seminar on how to make money by writing naked puts.
                      “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

I'd convert it to Philippine pesos which would bring me over 6 million...instant millionaire.
                        Long time member @ Apolyton
                        Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

well, it can go up after it splits...you see, it wouldn't be going higher than 298 a share then, but i'd hate to confuse you guys

Comment

Working...
                          X