X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I respect it

I cant wait to see everyone here

It'll be fun, sure wish Sava was gonna be there

(missed me by 15 years on da grunge mon)

Ill be the dude with the folder space savers..
    I mean
    I am the attachment King

how would I carry on a chat..rofl..OMG I would be so pwnd in r/l w/o teh attachments

So Im trying to pic out about 300 "cant live w/o" attachments to bring
    Attached Files
    Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

If we do a cookout, do you have mad grillz skillz?

Comment

I'm guessing he'll bring lots of images of deliciously looking dishes. Either that, or the pictures will all catch fire.

Comment

Originally posted by Dis

spearmen taking out tanks. Get it Right!
          The phalanx back in Civ4, isn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by Dis
            if I were to somehow meet sid I would have to fall down on my knees and bow to the great one. It would be a pathetic scene.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnT

If we do a cookout, do you have mad grillz skillz?
              I'll bring Lutefisk!!!

/me runs

Comment

ack

I had not intention of eating any of it. But it still killed my appetite when the school served it.

JM
                Jon Miller-
                I AM.CANADIAN
                GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

I could be convinced to do this, perhaps.
                  B♭3

Comment

Please, Q, keep your enthusiasm in check.

Comment

If you are pretty serious about attending, look here.

Comment

BIG Convention Update!

Comment

Originally posted by JohnT
                          BIG Convention Update!
                          Looking good

I have stayed at both and both offer a very nice package

Comment

By the way, by this time next week we will know for a fact whether everything is a 100% go. On the trip, KH and I will be meeting with representatives of both Big Huge Games and Firaxis, confirming attendence at specified Convention functions for representatives from both companies (Brian, Sid, Soren, Tim Train, whomever). We will also meet various hotel people, getting final quotes and contracts, accepting one of the RFP's and "regretfully" declining the others.

It's going to be a busy time. Convention updates will appear on the ApolyCon forum.

Comment

We made it fine and I've already taken walking tours of all three hotels.

Three?

Yes. On our way up here, I noticed a "Holiday Inn Convention Center" next to the offices of BHG. I think it was mentioned earlier, but as to why I didn't pursue it... I have no idea.

Anyway, we checked into the Marriott and had their Thanksgiving dinner, after which Laura and Sophie retired to the room and I went to work.

First thing I did was check the wireless signal throughout the entire hotel. I have a chart that I can scan into a PDF and upload when I get back, if necessary, but overall, with a couple of spots, the signal is quite strong in all corners of the hotel.

Except for two corridors, first and second floor, in which there was no signal at all. The same corridor, on the third floor, was at full strength. Go figure - I'm pretty sure I was doing something wrong, but I can't figure out what.

Anyway, I then drove down to that Holiday Inn... and my nebulous misgivings of the Marriott were crystalized. The Marriott was no fun, being a rather stuffy "executive" type resort, with dark oak trim and a very well-mannered staff. The Holiday Inn, however, was a place to have fun in... I mean, a clean, well-lit hotel with a bar, pool tables, and an indoor heated pool is a lot more appealing than the Marriotts heavy-oak dining room, which dominates their entrance.

The HI's wireless connection was never strong anywhere except near the elevators - a lot of 1's and 2's (out of 5) on my little meter. As the Marriott, it was based upon rooms along a line of corridors, but it wasn't as... well kept as the Marriotts. Not seedy, no, but you could tell it's been a hour+ since housekeeping last made a sweep of the room service remains.

Another thing about the Holiday Inn - it's right next to Big Huge Games - literally.

Lastly I went to the Embassy Suites. The atrium layout was similar to the Holiday Inn, but what made it appealing was that all the rooms were oriented towards the atrium - it gave the hotel a far more cozy and friendly feel, especially for our purposes as we would all be right there.

Lots of bad spots on their wireless network - the number of "0" readings in there was far more than either of the other hotels, combined.

Anyway, that's my first impression. The Marriott is impressive, but too formal. The Holiday Inn is party-friendly, but seemingly the dirtiest. The Embassy Suites, like the third bears bed, chair, and porridge, was just right.

Comment

As a member of management who does some traveling, I have allways had good experiences with Embassy Suites

Of course these were during organized events put on by the NRMCA (National Ready Mix Concrete Association) which, btw, I will pay a visit to at College Park MD so my company will underwrite my trip and pay me to go to Apolycon06 since I am "learning" about computers and will pay a visit to the NRMCA Hqrts.

John, I guess pricing would be of issue needing addressing then.

Great Job

Let us know whats up next

Gramps

Comment

Working...
                                X