The Apolyton Convention of 2006.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This sounds pretty elitist now.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Comment

Secret committees and behind-closed-doors conversations...

It's a f*cking Civ meeting. Let's get a reality check here.

It's a bunch of geeks with no lives arriving in Maryland to talk about phalanxes taking out tanks.
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
          Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

It's a bunch of geeks with no lives arriving in Maryland to talk about phalanxes taking out tanks.
            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

There ya go.

That post is actually about a month late, but I was positive you had it in you.

Comment

to be honest, I would be more interested in driving to Maryland just to smoke a bowl with JohnT

if he's not too old for that ****!
                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

That's a question I'll answer personally... in Maryland.

Comment

Just curious...why is there a private forum to discuss these things?
                    "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

because all the planning (which a lot of people aren't interested in) would kill, or get killed, in other possible forums

JM
                      Jon Miller-
                      I AM.CANADIAN
                      GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

if I were to somehow meet sid I would have to fall down on my knees and bow to the great one. It would be a pathetic scene.

Actually, he should be paying me for all the time I lost playing his games. I admit this is tempting. but my job doesn't actually have paid vacation time. So it's unlikely I'll be taking vacation.

Out of curiosity. Where is this place in Marlyand? Is it near DC? I have many relatives that live 50 miles east of D.C. I like to visit with them every so often. They live along the patuxant river near Upper Marlboro.

Comment

Secret committees and behind-closed-doors conversations...

It's a f*cking Civ meeting. Let's get a reality check here.

spearmen taking out tanks. Get it Right!

Comment

I think it is close to Baltimore

which is about 40 miles northeast of DC (mostly north)

JM
                            Jon Miller-
                            I AM.CANADIAN
                            GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by PLATO
                              Just curious...why is there a private forum to discuss these things?
                              To keep discussions that are of interest to the Committee only, Committee only. It's far easier to keep track of our internal discussions by doing them on a forum than it is via PM, email, etc.

In opening a private subforum, we recognized the potential for displeasing some people, but we also recognize that threads debating every little point will, in time, result in a convention that has something to displease everybody.

However, the point is taken. There should be more involvement by the community... perhaps we've been too quiet about what's happening and haven't given y'all enough of a voice to shape this convention.

That ends now.

Comment

Thanks JohnT. Hopefully everyone will respect this new openess.
                                "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Working...
                                X