Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alexander's Horse
    you really are a fool, aren't you
    Nope, that label I'll never try to pry from you.
    With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

how old are you?
      Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

That you should know. Just out of curiosity - are your personal data reliable or just random ?
        With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

yeah, I'd say you're about 12.
          Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Comment

Well, then I'm at least 10 years older than you

Steven Weinberg

Comment

yep, about 12

Comment

I'm glad that you have confirmed my assumtion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

You two appear to share a birthday, yet so much hate...

Comment

AH has about the maturity of my dad. Roughly that of a 14 year old. And yes, I know he's a father.
                    "Compromises are not always good things. If one guy wants to drill a five-inch hole in the bottom of your life boat, and the other person doesn't, a compromise of a two-inch hole is still stupid." - chegitz guevara
                    "Bill3000: The United Demesos? Boy, I was young and stupid back then.
                    Jasonian22: Bill, you are STILL young and stupid."

"is it normal to imaginne dartrh vader and myself in a tjhreee way with some hot chick? i'ts always been my fantasy" - Dis

Comment

• Originally posted by Ecthy
                      You two appear to share a birthday, yet so much hate...
                      Yeah, rather weird - though, when someone calls me a fool I tend to be a little annoyed - old habits are difficult to get rid of.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

• I think its rather foolish to say anything is easy where the universe is concerned. We can measure but do we understand the meaning?

Comment

• Existence implies creation. The question of creation leads to the First Cause arguments that litter Apolyton theads.
                          No, existence doesn't imply creation. That's an assumption of yours. I certainly do not think so. From that, your point about logic is valid, but I disagree with the premise.
                          Clash of Civilization team member
                          (a civ-like game whose goal is low micromanagement and good AI)
                          web site http://clash.apolyton.net/frame/index.shtml and forum here on apolyton)

Comment

• AH is Bill's father! Explore your feelings...

Comment

• Son!

Comment

• Originally posted by Alexander's Horse
                                I think its rather foolish to say anything is easy where the universe is concerned. We can measure but do we understand the meaning?

Ah, a concrete critic of my answer, even one that I can answer - what I said was that if you have sufficient knowledge, then the problem is explainable, not nessecarily easily understood. There are a lot of current technology that most people semms as something close to magic but for those who knows about it, it's simple.

The second part is more difficult - do the universe have a meaning ? First, what claims that it is intended to have one ? Next, if we know sufficient about it (maybe not for the next 10.000 years) we may learn the answer if there are one. One thing I though think is for certain, is that none of all those religions that have ever existed in humankinds history have the right answer.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Working...
                                X