No announcement yet.

Should I go to my high school reunion?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unless of course, you've just described John.
    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
    Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by alva
      Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
      Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
      *****Citizen of the Hive****
      "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Comment

I went to my 10 year graduation reunion, was great fun.
        Originally posted by Serb:Please, remind me, how exactly and when exactly, Russia bullied its neighbors?
        Originally posted by Ted Striker:Go Serb !
        Originally posted by Pekka:If it was possible to capture the essentials of Sepultura in a dildo, I'd attach it to a bicycle and ride it up your azzes.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnT
          Oh, I'm sure we'll have tags. I'll then be able to practice my awesome ability to bull**** on the fly w/o saying "I don't know who the **** you are."
          That sounds interesting... Especially since they'll be doing the exact same thing.

This might result in some funny highschool anecdotes for the next reunion.
          Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

Originally posted by alva

Comment

Btw...

This is my 20th reunion.

:codger:

(We really need an "old fart" smilie. Stefu? )

Comment

Go... I'm sure you will remember some people once you are actually at the event. But leave the wife at the hotel during the actual event. No, I'm not suggesting that you might get lucky... but while you are not sure whether you will be bored or not, she will SURELY be bored... You have a 50/50 chance of having some fun... her chances are not so good That will give you a reason to work hard to meet with people... because if you two are together, you will probably spend the whole time in a corner talking, because you won't want her to be bored.
                Keep on Civin'
                RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

20th year reunion? kinda pointless.

5th year reunion is stupid because nothing much changes, usually.

10th year reunion is the bomb. I can't wait for it.

Wait - I still hang out with my highschool friends - one of the bennies of staying in your home town. Erase that.
                  urgh.NSFW

Comment

I've never gone to any of mine. I was in town for my tenth and was considering going just to turn the head of one particular cretin backwards (this was back when I was still a bad person nearly 20 years ago). Unfortunately, he had already killed himself by skiing off a cliff, thus denying me the pleasure.
                    We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
                    If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
                    Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

High school reunions are very American and a very sad practice. Don't go.

Comment

Originally posted by Ming
                        Go... I'm sure you will remember some people once you are actually at the event. But leave the wife at the hotel during the actual event. No, I'm not suggesting that you might get lucky... but while you are not sure whether you will be bored or not, she will SURELY be bored... You have a 50/50 chance of having some fun... her chances are not so good That will give you a reason to work hard to meet with people... because if you two are together, you will probably spend the whole time in a corner talking, because you won't want her to be bored.
                        So you and Rah went and had fun making people guess who was who.
                        We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
                        If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
                        Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

Sounds like JohnT didn't particularly enjoy highschool

Comment

Originally posted by SpencerH

So you and Rah went and had fun making people guess who was who.
                            Actually, we had a blast at our 20th year reunion... all the "Jocks" were fat and balding
                            Keep on Civin'
                            RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by paiktis22
                              Sounds like JohnT didn't particularly enjoy highschool
                              Actually, I was rather indifferent to the whole experience. High school was what you had to do to get to college.

Comment

Have you ended up rich and successful? Cos if so, go and show off like the ass you know you are

Comment

Working...
                                X