Should I go to my high school reunion?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ming
    Go... I'm sure you will remember some people once you are actually at the event. But leave the wife at the hotel during the actual event. No, I'm not suggesting that you might get lucky... but while you are not sure whether you will be bored or not, she will SURELY be bored... You have a 50/50 chance of having some fun... her chances are not so good That will give you a reason to work hard to meet with people... because if you two are together, you will probably spend the whole time in a corner talking, because you won't want her to be bored.
    We went to her tenth and I had a good time. It was interesting, seeing most of the "popular" kids stayed in the small town where they grew up. They were so provincial - there's nothing sadder than seeing an ex-jock with a tubgut leading the old school fight song and getting misty-eyed at seeing old film of his junior year offensive exploits. "This is when I caught that touchdown against Waycross!"

Comment

Yes, I agree with Ming. Don't bore you wife by bringing her. I must admit it was more fun going with Ming. People seemed to remember twins a bit more. The biggest laugh was girls that wouldn't give you the time of day were now more than happy to talk with you and claimed they had a higher opinion of you when you in high school. What a joke but it kinda showed the level of their desperation. And yes most of the jocks were balding and working for streets and sanitation. It wasn't really about getting satisfaction as much as just having a few laughs. It helped that we aged better than average.
      And there were a few women that weren't hot in HS and actually did talk to us back then and had turned into really hot women. Not that anything was going to happen, but it was terribly amusing seeing how things had changed and how things that seemed sooo important back then really weren't.
      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

What rah said
        Keep on Civin'
        RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I have made contact with some highschool friends after 8 years. They still look the same to me. Some are married but are still little children, like me. I think poeple can change but always based on fixed parameters that they always have had. I think a drastic wholesome change is the exception. You can change but you'll always be within a range of what your possibilities/character traits have always been.

Comment

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
            Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Comment

Paik, your new screenname is atrocious :vomit:

But at least, you didn't shorten your name to "paik" or "pai", unlike some
                "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Everyone's hating it! It's succesful!

Comment

Congrats on your amazing success. Though I wonder if you'll ever beat "Dis" and "Deathtongue" on the success scale

(I liked Deathtongue )
                    "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                    "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                    "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

As JT and I are the same age, my 20th HS reunion is also coming up. Unfortunately, since I'm still broke, I'm not going. Ah well, maybe the 25th.

I'm in catagory #2, btw.
                      Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

HS class reunion? If it is a family event and not adults only, yes. Wife and kid are cuter than everybody else in the room. You can always leave early, citing Sophie's bedtime.

After that: POLYMEET!
                        (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
                        (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
                        (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

Did you have no friends? (didn't read the thread)

Comment

Originally posted by Spiffor
                            Congrats on your amazing success. Though I wonder if you'll ever beat "Dis" and "Deathtongue" on the success scale

(I liked Deathtongue )
                            That is the very first approval of Deathtongue that I have ever seen.

ACK!
                            Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

I went to my ten year reunion in 1997 1/4 the folks I went to school with were now gay, 1/4 were twice divorced unemployed with kids with different father or mothers, and 1/4 were already dead and the last group which i fit in with were sucessfully employed and still married to one spouse with kids by that spouse. Its funny I didnt really talk to anyone while i was in school but at the reunion every knew who I was and talked to me Ididnt understand that but oh well. I have my 20th coming up in 2007 dont know if i will go to that one maybe the friday mixer and the sunday picinic but i wont pay for the sit down dinner
                              When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
                              "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
                              Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

Working...
                              X