No announcement yet.

Long Distance Relationships

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe, but she's miserable and under a lot of pressure from people whom she loves. She's in the thick of it right now and can't be objective about it.

Maybe it won't work. Maybe it's really over. But if you really love her, you owe it to her and yourself to not give up easily, though not in the creepy stalker way.

I think part of the problem is that you are a source of conflict (no duh, che). Not just in that you are a threat to her psycho mother, but that you are putting pressure on her about your needs and feelings (which is perfectly understandable and human) when what she really needs is your support during her troubles, and I know you have tried.

This is temporary. Insane, annoying as hell, frustrating, painful, but temporary. Sucks to be human at times, but it beats non-existence.

The other option is to refuse to be treated like a doormat. Pride and dignity are good things to have, but they can screw you up just as much as not having them can.

You need the time off as well, to decide if this is what you really want, and can you be the person she needs at this point in her life. You also need to examine your own feelings. Why do you love this woman? Is she good for you?

And don't know if you can talk to her, but you ought to try, if you think this is something you can or should salvage.

And this is gonna be one of the hardest things you ever have to do . . . I hope.
    Last edited by chequita guevara; August 3, 2005, 15:34.
    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

I agree with Che

think about it

if you really love her, try to get her back

if she isn't right for you, feel sad, then move on

JM
      Jon Miller-
      I AM.CANADIAN
      GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

It's high time you reconsider your stance on alcohol, Ozzy.
        Originally posted by Serb:Please, remind me, how exactly and when exactly, Russia bullied its neighbors?
        Originally posted by Ted Striker:Go Serb !
        Originally posted by Pekka:If it was possible to capture the essentials of Sepultura in a dildo, I'd attach it to a bicycle and ride it up your azzes.

Comment

Not really funny, dude.
          urgh.NSFW

Comment

I'm talking to her online right now. Uncomfortable small talk.
            Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

I can do long distance relationships fairly well. I just can't do short distance ones.

My last girlfriend and I were going strong together until we finally met face to face for the first time.

Comment

Originally posted by OzzyKP
                I'm talking to her online right now. Uncomfortable small talk.
                Bail out now. You should let it sit for a few days, otherwise you may go straight to awkward friend zone.
                If you look around and think everyone else is an *******, you're the *******.

Comment

just interested..

who was disappointed?

who broke it off?

(speaking to Dis)

JM
                  Jon Miller-
                  I AM.CANADIAN
                  GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by Timexwatch

Bail out now. You should let it sit for a few days, otherwise you may go straight to awkward friend zone.
                    Hmmm....

I'd prefer awkward friend zone to sworn enemies zone. But.... i dunno.

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Originally posted by Jon Miller
                      just interested..

who was disappointed?

who broke it off?

(speaking to Dis)

JM
                      she broke it off. But in that way that women usually break it off. By becoming disinterested and not responding to your calls or letters. . They never tell you to your face. I guess that's good in a way. Or is it?

Comment

• Romance is the opiate of the masses.

Maybe it's time you tried Communism.
                        Visit First Cultural Industries
                        There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
                        Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

• Originally posted by Smiley
                          Romance is the opiate of the masses.

Maybe it's time you tried Communism.
                          Post of the year.
                          Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

• Originally posted by Az

Not really funny, dude.
                            I was serious. A drink helps in these situations, at least for most of the people.
                            Originally posted by Serb:Please, remind me, how exactly and when exactly, Russia bullied its neighbors?
                            Originally posted by Ted Striker:Go Serb !
                            Originally posted by Pekka:If it was possible to capture the essentials of Sepultura in a dildo, I'd attach it to a bicycle and ride it up your azzes.

Comment

• We talked for a few hours last night. I dunno...

Comment

• Did you talk seriously or was it mostly just small talk?

Comment

Working...
                                X