No announcement yet.

Bustin' on the Jesus Freaks...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• true, and parental rebellion is a teen phenom that isolates whatever they see as excessive/inconsistant in mom/dad and they do a 180
    "Is your sword as sharp as your tongue"? Capt. Esteban
    "Is yours as dull as your wit"? Don Diego Vega

Comment

• Originally posted by bayraven
      true, and parental rebellion is a teen phenom that isolates whatever they see as excessive/inconsistant in mom/dad and they do a 180
      Yeah they do that if they have the same tendency towards excessiveness. Some of that is learned. Too bad they don't usually rebel against excessiveness.
      I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
      - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• What percentage of kids do much of a teenage rebellion at all? If we ignore watching TV all day and getting seriously sloshed every now and then, by far most teens I've known haven't.
        Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
        The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

• Originally posted by Last Conformist
          What percentage of kids do much of a teenage rebellion at all?
          any answer is subjective, ie what constitutes rebellion, is it relative to the behavior of their peers, etc.

The reason I think rebellion relates to this thread is the mix of the passion / restriction by the parent(s).
          Stomping out copyright infringes for the purpose of saving a three year old the exposure (as was listed to be the nobles oblige) sounds quite passionate. My guess is, to a ten or twelve year old that approach would cause extreme curiosity for what's being censured, and fodder for a teenager seeking independence. No different from the stereotypical 'preachers kid' breaking as many commandments as possible.

Comment

• Would you spontaneously say that most kids do a teenage rebellion?
            Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
            The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

• I would say that everyone has some degree of need for non-comfomity. But that is the consequence of forty years of watching people be people, not a spontanious observation.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kidicious

Too bad they don't usually rebel against excessiveness.
                Moderation is the key to boredom.

Comment

Working...
                X