Want Your Kid to Disappear?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

~15 or 16.
    "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

Let me get this straight. A 15-16 year old is hanging out with friends that displease the parents, is drinking, is having bad marks, and is smoking pot.

The parents consider it as an absolute catastrophe that force them to send their kid for years into a reeducation camp. Did I get it right?
      "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
      "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
      "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

His grades were dropping, too.

Edit: Doh. Must read post before responding.
        Last edited by Koyaanisqatsi; July 20, 2005, 06:57.
        "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

Originally posted by Spiffor
          The parents consider it as an absolute catastrophe that force them to send their kid for years into a reeducation camp. Did I get it right?
          Yes

A brutal reeducation camp. Not like those nice places in the USSR.

Comment

this is just sick...if i wasnt to lazy and in the US i would start a freaking underground railground...

thank god we dont have this over here...because i also was smoking pot and drinking when i was 14-15 :scary:
            Bunnies!
            Welcome to the DBTSverse!
            God, Allah, boedha, siva, the stars, tealeaves and the palm of you hand. If you are so desperately looking for something to believe in GO FIND A MIRROR
            'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us

Comment

This is the result of a society that doesn't give any civil rights to youth. When young people are second class citizens and treated like crap, scary stuff like this happens. And no one can do anything, and no one cares, because youth are property. The new slavery.

So when I talk about lowering the voting age, it is with situations like this in mind. Adults have shown time and time again that they don't give a damn about the rights of youth. The only ones who can protect young people, are young people themselves. That is the whole purpose of the right to vote. Democratic systems assume everyone will vote in their own self-interest, and everyone's competing self-interests will balance out. Without that right for young people there is no one voting for their interest (just people voting for their perceived interest, which often is horribly horribly wrong), and thus the system is unbalanced and results in atrocities like this.

My organization is trying to stop camps like this, and trying to organize youth (and adults) to fight back. To empower youth to work on their own behalf to stop these things and change the attitude of the public to reject such abuses on the rights of youth.

We need support.

If you want to see gulag schools stamped out of existence, and young people to be regarded as equals in society, please go to http://www.youthrights.org/donate.shtml and donate a few bucks/euros/yen/pesos. We really do need the help. Donations are tax deductable.
              Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Originally posted by OzzyKP
                The new slavery.
                I object to the word new.
                Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

This is darwinism in action folks, hiring someone to kidnap your child and take him to a foreign country is probably not among the smartest moves some of these parents have made.

Comment

Hmm... so did any of these kids that were in these camps and got back home when they turned 18 atemp
                    to

a) file a lawsuit against their parents

failing this (as the action is considered legal it seems)

b) kill their parents?
                    If its no fun why do it? Dance like noone is watching...

Comment

I Heard about the WWASP people, those people are infamous for treatment would be Cruel and Unusual if applied to adult prisoners.
                      "I'm moving to the Left" - Lancer

"I imagine the neighbors on your right are estatic." - Slowwhand

Comment

Originally posted by Shi Huangdi
                        I Heard about the WWASP people, those people are infamous for treatment would be Cruel and Unusual if applied to adult prisoners.
                        Exactly.
                        Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

can I have this guy's business address and phone number? The kids are getting pretty close to that age.
                          "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Working...
                          X