No announcement yet.

just. plain. STUPID.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Imran. My son. This will be your third opportunity to understand what the San Bern. pilot program is all about. Clearly you don't quite understand it.

Len Cooper, who is coordinating the pilot program at the two city schools, said San Bernardino district officials do not plan to incorporate Ebonics into the program.

"Because Ebonics can have a negative stigma, we're not focusing on that,' Cooper said. "We are affirming and recognizing Ebonics through supplemental reading books (for students).'

Beginning in the 2005-06 school year, teachers will receive training on black culture and customs. District curriculum will now include information on the historical, cultural and social impact of blacks in society. Although the program is aimed at black students, other students can choose to participate.
    Its about building awareness and creating a proud and unique cultural identity. Not removing standard english.

Now, guys. You've all been utterly thrashed by me single handedly, and also made yourselves look like a bunch of culturally insensitive racists. I suggest this end now.

Although, if you want, I'd be happy to keep dishing it out.

Ebonics

Comment

• "Y'all" and "ain't" are proper contractions. Stop oppressing my culture!

The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
        Answer: Unlike other white European dialects/accents/socio-lects of English, Ebonics is simply not respected.

Wow... Southern accents and Appalacian accents are 'respected' in other parts of the country? Don't think so. That accept seems to make people think 'redneck'.
        So... you find another example that's pretty much congruent with what I've said about Ebonics and you think this refutes my argument?

Comment

• Originally posted by JimmyCracksCorn
          Imran. My son. This will be your third opportunity to understand what the San Bern. pilot program is all about. Clearly you don't quite understand it.

Its about building awareness and creating a proud and unique cultural identity. Not removing standard english.

Now, guys. You've all been utterly thrashed by me single handedly, and also made yourselves look like a bunch of culturally insensitive racists. I suggest this end now.

Ebonics

Fight the power, little man.

Comment

Imran. My son. This will be your third opportunity to understand what the San Bern. pilot program is all about. Clearly you don't quite understand it.

Ebonics
            To be true, the only person promoting racism in this thread is you.
            With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Ebonics

I definetly understand it. You want to throw out strawmen like we think it removes standard English and then go out and disprove the strawmen and then declare victory.

Then you wonder why we think you are an idiot?

They are providing different classes and books for Ebonics. Have you seen any seperate books for awareness of the Southern dialect? Wisconsin dialect? No, there is a reason. Because standard English is the language of business.

How many times do you have to have your ass handed to you before it gets through your thick skull?
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Until you surrender, Imran. Save face: Admit defeat now.

Comment

• Originally posted by DRoseDARs
                  Until you surrender, Imran. Save face: Admit defeat now.
                  Why should he do that ?
                  With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

• Because we are all racists in our dismissal of Ebonics having a legitimate place in public schools in place of proper English.

Or so the contorted thinking goes...

Comment

• Or a legitimate place on the side of proper English (which is what this provision seems to be). Dialect spelling does NOT have a legitimate place in public school. Ebonics isn't proper, "y'all" isn't proper, "fughetaboutit" isn't proper, etc. Standard English is proper and schools should be teaching that. If they want to learn their dialects, learn them at home.
                      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• Oh, sorry, that should have been evident to me.

Guess that we have to introduce special educatiuon of bornholmsk, molbo, vendelbo and those approx 200 other dialects we have (strange - we are a little above 5 mill and though have this vast amount of dialects ).

Nah, it looks like a nice idea, but since they all are white, there aren't anything specific about these dialects .

Steven Weinberg

Comment

• Don't worry... since any of the dialects are used by minorities, you won't get accused of racism for not allowing them to be taught in your schools.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackCat
                            (strange - we are a little above 5 mill and though have this vast amount of dialects ).
                            /me resists the temptation to comment on this
                            The enemy cannot push a button if you disable his hand.

Comment

• Originally posted by Combat Ingrid

* Combat Ingrid resists the temptation to comment on this
                              Oh, that count does of course not include all the danish dialects in the swedish areas

Steven Weinberg

Comment

• "Abomination" should cover them all
                                The enemy cannot push a button if you disable his hand.

Comment

Working...
                                X