Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince" out tomorrow!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Verto
    You could be cutting a lightning bolt into your forehead like a real fan
    Yeah, I don't think the boss would approve .
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui

I'd like to see him go like Yoda... needing sleep .

I mean without the Philosopher's/Sorceror's Stone how long can he live? Has Flammel died yet?

I don't want to see Dumbledore get bested in a fight... I'm not sure what could take him. Maybe that is when Rowling introduces vampires into the main story . Or maybe he fights the entirety of the Death Eaters.
      I can see Harry getting himself into a pretty bleak situation, with Dumbledore rushing in at the last minute, buying Harry time to run(maybe with some sort of valuable artifact, information, etc). Dumbledore, outnumbered by perhaps all the Death Eaters, succumbs.

oh ****, now im doing it

Comment

The Daily Show is doing a HP piece.

Courdry was hilarious.

ACK!
        Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Verto:

HAW HAW!! [/Nelson]

We've pulled you in!
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui

I'd like to see him go like Yoda... needing sleep .

I mean without the Philosopher's/Sorceror's Stone how long can he live? Has Flammel died yet?

I don't want to see Dumbledore get bested in a fight... I'm not sure what could take him. Maybe that is when Rowling introduces vampires into the main story . Or maybe he fights the entirety of the Death Eaters.
            I don't think he necessarily used the Sorcerer's Stone. Wizards just live a lot longer than people. As of the beginning of HBP, Hagrid is about 68, McGonagall is about 71, and Voldemort is about 70.
            "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

Oh, a better example: Griselda Marchbanks, one of the examiners for Harry's OWLs. She administered Dumbledore's OWLs herself. She's pushing 160.
              "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Comment

Originally posted by Drake Tungsten
                Spoiler:
                Yeah, what happened to Hermione was really sad. I'll miss her...
                Spoiler:
                Was she gutted like a fish and her organs hung around the great dining hall like so many Christmas tree ornaments?
                [/troll]
                The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

Yeah, but Dumbledore doesn't exactly look all the young now. He's gotta be over 100, easily. And Marchbanks may be freakishly old, you never know.

Comment

Spoiler:
                    No.
                    KH FOR OWNER!
                    ASHER FOR CEO!!
                    GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Spoiler:
                      Damn.

Comment

Dumbledore's roughly 150. JKR gave that as his age in an interview post-GoF.

Comment

Clearly I need to get a life. I know Hermione was born September 19, 1979. From memory.

Comment

Originally posted by DRoseDARs
                            Spoiler:
                            Damn.
                            Spoiler:
                            It's still really good though. Completely unexpected and heartbreaking.
                            KH FOR OWNER!
                            ASHER FOR CEO!!
                            GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

I'd remind you that you're not in Canada so you could tell me, but just spoiler it for us later on.

Comment

Originally posted by Tuberski
                                The Daily Show is doing a HP piece.

Courdry was hilarious.

ACK!
                                COULD IT COULD HAPPEN HERE?

YES!
                                If you don't like reality, change it! me
                                "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                                "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                                "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Working...
                                X