Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince" out tomorrow!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maybe I'll make a post or two .

I've debated HP here for 600+ pages and at SDMB for at least 1000+. And then other forums here and there for 300+ pages. It's hard to break into another forum so established (especially a month or so after the release of HBP), I may post a little here and there.
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• I like discussing HP at non-HP sites and lurking on the real HP sites most.
      "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

• Originally posted by Jaguar
        I like discussing HP at non-HP sites and lurking on the real HP sites most.
        Probably the best idea. Some people at HP sites are waaaay too attached. Non-HP sites have people who are into the books, but don't live their lives by it! I can imagine challenging their deeply held beliefs, which is something innocuous to most people, leading to a forum war....
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• I can tell you that they have found no less than three instances of missing quotation marks already.

But you're just as attached as the average MNer. The difference is that I tend to respect your opinions more than theirs, on average.
          "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

• Scary to think that Apolyton is a more level-headed community.
            "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
            "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Originally posted by Jaguar
              But you're just as attached as the average MNer. The difference is that I tend to respect your opinions more than theirs, on average.
              I'm sure they've reread the books far more than I have . I usually don't reread books and haven't reread a single HP book, but I hope to re-read all of them before the last one.... though I'm not sure that'll actually happen .

Thanks for the compliment though... to be frank, I'd be scared if you said the opposite .

Comment

• I dislike their policy of letting threads get as long as you want. And I wish I could view their threads using the Apolyton style.

Comment

• Proof that Harry Potter is Satanic:
                  Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Kuciwalker
                    I dislike their policy of letting threads get as long as you want. And I wish I could view their threads using the Apolyton style.
                    So you like the 500 post cut off (well for every thread except this one, I guess)? I guess you can say that if you are new to a discussion, you only have to read to the beginning of the new thread and not the 500 posts in the previous thread... but I'm sure that won't matter to those who have been participating since the beginning.

Comment

• Yes, I do like the 500 post cutoff, though for different reasons here than there. There, specific discussions don't seem to last 500 posts, so it's better to split up the thread. Here, after 500 posts a thread probably deserves death. This case is an exception to the general rule, because it contains multiple discussion, but shouldn't be split up because this isn't a Harry Potter forum.

Comment

• This is a kids' book, right?

Comment

• No.

Comment

• Oh.

I thought I heard kids by the millions were standing in line with their parents to buy it when it came out.

Comment

• This is a novel which has appeal to both kids and adults.

Comment

• [Don't do it Winston]

Ok, enjoy the book then.

Comment

Working...
                                X