No announcement yet.

I want to be civilized

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sloww, I guess they need to make the same mistakes first too .. and if they don't learn from it, well then they are going to be stupid always and they deserve all that it gets for them. But it's still stupid because you go and 'debate' something with someone, and then you lose all the good arguments because it turns out you didn't know so much about it and you entered the debate with little knowledge and you think the other one doesn't know about it either or at least is not an expert and when you are getting the worse of it, then you just start to troll. And then you find out that person was alive when it happened, possibly even there, and well.. that just makes you feel embarrased. It's like the new youth, the idealist types who thinks they know how the world works. The really smart ones know they don't know how it works, or that there's more into it than just what their ideology tells them. Like realism and how it really just goes. Then in order to support their little view of the world, they think everyone else who isn't sharing the view is stupid, evil or something else. And they have very little critique when it comes to someone carrying their colors. I don't know if that's anything more than stupidity, but somehow supposedly it isn't, it's enlightement and the rest of us are just brainwashed . Well.. that's the way it goes I guess.
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka
      Zoidberg, yes but you're only a hack trying to impress girls with tricks plus you prolly just saw Sideways so.. you're definitely a bad person. ...
      Bite me, Finntroll I haven´t seen Sideways yet. I had a wine awakening just like yours. A friend of mine brought a bottle of Viña Albali Gran Reserva and I liked it to my big amazement.
      I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

Zoidberg, .. I always thought I just don't like wine. I guess it turned out I don't like bad wine. Or then it was actually bad wine and I just don't like the good wines. But I don't care if it costs 1 euro a bottle, if it taste good to me, it's good no matter who says it's not.
        In da butt.
        "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
        THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
        "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka
          But I don't care if it costs 1 euro a bottle, if it taste good to me, it's good no matter who says it's not.
          "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
          "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
          "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Pekka:

I'd also like to share an opinion about becoming a connoisseur. You absolutely don't have to act like a connoisseur to enjoy wine. It's not necessary to stare at your glass for minutes in order to analyse the looks. It's not necessary to hold your glass in a distinctive way. It's not necessary to have specific wine glasses.

Sometimes, the decorum can improve the experience: Some wine-glasses make the smell more accessible, "shaking" your wine will often give you a different smell as to when the wine isn't "shaken", and some wines do benefit from being put in a carafe while some don't.

The best way to figure it out is trial and error, or it is to drink with somebody who really enjoys wine for what it is (ie somebody who thinks of the pleasure first, and who doesn't care about the rituals for their own sake). In Paris, I know some wine retailers who do it because of their love of the product. There may be a few like them in Helsinki too.
            "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
            "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
            "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Working...
            X