I want to be civilized

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

**** wine. It sucks.
    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka
      And now you all go 'ohh but why do you want to act someone else just to impress some girl and she'll find out you're a fake'.. guys, it sounds like you're projecting your own fears or experiences or something. I don't know what you are even talking about. It's only a plus benefit that some classy girls might also like wine, there's nothing wrong knowing about wines adn then impressing someone with the knowledge. What's fake about that, it's not a trick I want to learn so I can hit the sack with some chick. I want to learn it even if there was no chicks, period.
      Oh, that's different then. I thought your willingness to become civilized was goal-oriented (specifically, I thought you only aimed at impressing girls).

I strongly suggest you to continue sampling wines, tasting a variety of them, and if your memory is as spotty as mine, write down the names of the wines you enjoy the most.

A formal knowledge of wine is not necessary at all to appreciate it. It can add to the enjoyment only for some people, not for most. If you get to drink often and to drink varied wines, you'll have no problem.
      "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
      "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
      "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

No one will know if you have proper wine if you'll just leave it in paper bag and drink from it.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

drink a lot of different ones...and if you want to impress go and try wines NOT from france...but from Oz and south-africa not only does it makes you look different but they are getting pretty good the last couple of years...although the best wines are still coming from france...

oh and quickly:

red wine = for guys and girls

sweet white wine = for girls

dry white wine = for guys and also girls but only for guys if the food is ok with it (certain fishes and whie meat)

rose = only ok for guys on warm days and BQQ
          Bunnies!
          Welcome to the DBTSverse!
          God, Allah, boedha, siva, the stars, tealeaves and the palm of you hand. If you are so desperately looking for something to believe in GO FIND A MIRROR
          'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us

Comment

I don't want to know what you do with the wine that makes it gender-specific.
            Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

wines are alive as thus have there own preference to whom shall drink them...

nah...it is of course just an opinion but after drinking quite some wine the last year i think this is for me and almost everybody i know a good division
              Bunnies!
              God, Allah, boedha, siva, the stars, tealeaves and the palm of you hand. If you are so desperately looking for something to believe in GO FIND A MIRROR

Comment

Becoming civilized requires a long effort; I have tried for 66 years and I hope only that my grandchildren will display a veneer of civilization. Cheer up, man!
                Statistical anomaly.
                The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Comment

Pekka:

In order to get started, here are a few ruloes of thumbs:

You can have wine during a meal, or you can drink wine without a meal. These are different experiences. During a meal, the taste of the dish interferes with the taste of the wine, sometimes for the better, sometimes for the worse. In order for you to discover new wines, it may be better that you drink them without a meal.

Taste is the most important thing that makes a wine enjoyable, but it's not the only one. Smell, texture and colour can be pleasant as well.
                  Personally, I'm smell-sensitive when it comes to wines, and there are plenty of wines whose smell I preferred over their taste.
                  It may seem stupid to think about how the wine looks, but it's not entirely unimmportant. Just like a nice-looking dish makes the meal more enjoyable, a good-looking wine can be eye candy.
                  Texture is quite important. Not as important as taste, naturally, but intertwined with it nonetheless. A delicate texture that runs through your mouth like fresh torrent water will probably feel more pleasant than an oily texture

This may sounds snob, but it is only snobbish if you want it to be. Fundamentally, anybody enjoys eye candy. Anybody enjoys a nice smell. Anybody enjoys a good texture. Wine has the ability to please your senses, all of them (save hearing), and not just taste. The snobs aren't the only ones who have 5 senses
                  "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                  "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                  "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

texture...never really noticed that...or do you mean e.i. the difference between sweet and dry white wine?
                    Bunnies!

Comment

DAVOUT, no really? Are you 66 years old? I thought you were like.. 20 to 30.. now I have to watch my mouth more carefully .. this is your fault!

Good stuff guys!
                      In da butt.
                      "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                      THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                      "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka
                        DAVOUT, no really? Are you 66 years old? I thought you were like.. 20 to 30.. now I have to watch my mouth more carefully .. this is your fault!

Good stuff guys!
                        Please speak freely as usual I am coming on Apolyton only for listening to young terrians discussing the problems of the planet.
                        Statistical anomaly.
                        The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Comment

yeah but I've been stupid and it's kind of embarrasing to find out the person you were being stupid to was someone you should have shown more respect than that. Well just for the record, I usually never mean the bad things I say, at least not about other posters
                          In da butt.
                          "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

Originally posted by Spiffor
                            Pekka:

In order to get started, here are a few ruloes of thumbs:

You can have wine during a meal, or you can drink wine without a meal. These are different experiences. During a meal, the taste of the dish interferes with the taste of the wine, sometimes for the better, sometimes for the worse. In order for you to discover new wines, it may be better that you drink them without a meal.

Taste is the most important thing that makes a wine enjoyable, but it's not the only one. Smell, texture and colour can be pleasant as well.
                            Personally, I'm smell-sensitive when it comes to wines, and there are plenty of wines whose smell I preferred over their taste.
                            It may seem stupid to think about how the wine looks, but it's not entirely unimmportant. Just like a nice-looking dish makes the meal more enjoyable, a good-looking wine can be eye candy.
                            Texture is quite important. Not as important as taste, naturally, but intertwined with it nonetheless. A delicate texture that runs through your mouth like fresh torrent water will probably feel more pleasant than an oily texture

This may sounds snob, but it is only snobbish if you want it to be. Fundamentally, anybody enjoys eye candy. Anybody enjoys a nice smell. Anybody enjoys a good texture. Wine has the ability to please your senses, all of them (save hearing), and not just taste. The snobs aren't the only ones who have 5 senses
                            Word! I just discovered the wonderful world of wine myself a few months ago. And I´m on my way to become a real connoisseur
                            I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

Zoidberg, yes but you're only a hack trying to impress girls with tricks plus you prolly just saw Sideways so.. you're definitely a bad person. ...
                              In da butt.

Comment

Why don't you pass that train of thought around, Pekka?
                                Maybe the "know-it-all" 19 year olds will take a cue.
                                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                                "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                                He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Working...
                                X