Windows Longhorn enters beta testing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by laurentius

I didnt know much anything about the movie before I went to see it in the theatre with my friends. Seeing it made me almost throw up i.e physically feel sick. It really disturbed me and made me angry, now I've just tried to forget it. OK lets face it as far as the cinematography and "innovative" plot twits go its really good but at the end its just another one of those "the most sick asian movie ever made". The cultural taboos shock value was prety much a yawn for me but it lft me wonder why thse kinds of movies are made. Its really evil and sick movie, what kind of effect do the makers of it want it to have on its audience. Do they want to **** up peoples minds ever more than our society would anyhow? What if someone sometimes flips out after seeing of of these flicks? Human mind is so fragile, mind you. Why do normal people want to see these things? What does it say about us?

I mean I like asian horror Into the Mirroretc but I'm getting sick of these no-good, plain evil movies. People get ideas from these you now..
    We'll just have to agree to disagree on the topic of that movie. Indeed, the violence in this movie is less harsh than Tarantino's movies, with fewer examples; if it's the taboo that bothers you, then it really didn't make you yawn, did it?

If anything, the movie itself is quite self-contained, with few loose ends, and it makes it difficult to "give people ideas"--the very premise of it would be difficult to carry out.

If it disturbs you that much, perhaps next time you ought to do at least some research into it--but I'll stand by my assertion that there's less ultraviolence in this movie than there are in many others, and in this one, it's entirely self-contained and each instance propels the plot forward.
    B♭3

Comment

Originally posted by Sn00py
      Simple always works and doesn't slow the system.

Right click anywhere, doesn't matter where, the top bar shows you the user, the 2nd bar shows you were you are (where you right clicked), the rest link you to any directory, network or program in your computer.

Down the bottom, I replaced the long bar's from windows into small round buttons with icons that we can all recognise, this saves a lot of space down the bottom. If it has more than one window it is grouped, to get access to the group just click on the button and the menu opens.

Moved trash can to statusbar; why have it on the desktop, covering up your nice background?
      Personally, I'd like a cross between many different paradigms. One thing I'd like to see is the ability to combine multiple windows from different programs into one single window, like the tabs in Fluxbox. I like NextSTEP's method of entering folders, but I prefer how Windows browses the computer, more than anything.
      B♭3

Comment

Working...
      X