No announcement yet.

Philippines in December

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"You can afford to fly across the planet, but not drive down to visit your bro? "

I've never seen che, but I'm thinking Lisa has a cuter smile.

Dis, yes that's great. I think if they allowed 30 million hard working, young Philipinos into the US that both country's problems would be solved.
    Long time member @ Apolyton
    Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara Rufus, people have been kidnapped from Palawan by Abu Sayeff.
      People have been killed in New York by Al-Qaeda, too; still won't keep me from taking in a show now and then.

Northern Palawan is beautiful, and as safe as anyplace else in the Philippines (southern Palawan's dicier). That may not be saying much, but its the truth; trust the guy with access to classified information on this one...
      "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

Rufus, are you in the embasy? I forget...

When we travel to Bohol we're met by family. They hire a friend they know well to pick us up in a van at the Cebu airport hotel (The Waterfront from the pic thread linked in the first post) and bring us to the dock. Then the jet boat zips us out of the city and over to Bohol, which is a very peaceful place. I figure it doesn't get any safer than that, and anyone that forks up the $ can be met in the same way. You'll have to hand my brother in law in Cebu, Danelo, $20 for his trouble and pay whatever the van costs...ought to be less than P1500 for 1/2 day, but whatever, and if you want Danelo to accompany you to Bohol on the boat you'll have to pay his boat fare, both ways, as well as your own. Iirc one way is around P1000.

Anyway, that's our safety measures...

Palawan interests us too, but we've always been concerned about the moslems there. Nice to know the north is safe. Thanks Rufus.
        Long time member @ Apolyton
        Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Working...
        X