X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Explosion heard in London

Tube warning after 'bang' heard
    Breaking news graphic
    Emergency services have been called to London's Liverpool Street Underground station after reports of an explosion.

The incident has caused major disruption to the entire network with stations across the capital closed.

A London Fire Brigade spokeswoman said four crews were at the scene and more were on their way. There are reports of "walking wounded".

Cordons are in place. A power failure may be behind the problems, Transport for London said.
    BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

It could be just Provost Harrison farting.
    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Wonderful compassion UR. What a role model to children everywhere.

Comment

Crap, hopefully this isn't because of idiot rioters after the big Olympic announcement. Though they are saying it may be a power failure.
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

UR: *snicker*

German news have nothing to add so far.

Comment

Crap, hopefully this isn't because of idiot rioters after the big Olympic announcement. Though they are saying it may be a power failure.
            Power failures happen all the time on the underground. I have never heard of them causing an explosion which would lead the police to shut down the entire network though, causing London to pretty much shut down.

Comment

BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

power failure my ass! in four different locations apparantly. I think we know what it is, what with the timing of the bid etc
              'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

Just this: they say there was another incident at Edgware Road, and that King's Cross was evacuated.

Funny though, King's Cross is not close to either of the 2 spots

Comment

Aren't there a number of main underground power distributors in the heart of London itself? I know there is one by Charing Cross and another a mile or so away from Whitehall...

Comment

Oopsie, and a bomb in a bus near Russel Square.

London has definitely met its 9/11.

Comment

Well a surge through the lines would travel to all stations on that line.

Comment

(\__/)
                        (='.'=)
                        (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Apparantly a bomb was blaced in a litter bin in Russel Square, bus took the force, blew the roof off. Casualties confirmed.

UR

Comment

Damn, has anyone taken the responsibility yet? Like IRA or al-Quaida? It could be freelance terrorists as well...
                            I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

Originally posted by Kalius
                              Apparantly a bomb was blaced in a litter bin in Russel Square, bus took the force, blew the roof off. Casualties confirmed.

UR
                              (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                              (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                              (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Working...
                              X