What the heck is this crap?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What the heck is this crap?

Let me first just say that I think Canada is a great country and I'm happy to be here, but:

What the hell is this crap?

And what the hell is it doing on Counterpunch.org? I'm shocked that they would accept a bull**** nationalist ode to Canada and a coddling of Prime Minister Paul "I murder Haitians and arrest Muslims" Martin.

(Let's not forget that while Canadians celebrate "Canada Day" on July 1st, Chinese-Canadians are observing Humiliation Day. On July 1st 1923, A head-tax of $500 was put on Chinese immigrants, and was only lifted in the late 1940s. Five hundred dollars back then was the equivalent of two houses - or half a million dollars today. What a great tribute to the people who built the "National Dream". For every kilometre of the Canadian Pacific Railway built between Calgary and Vancouver a Chinese labourer died. And the government still hasn't apologized or paid reparations to Chinese-Canadians. Wave that flag, especially the white part, eh?)

The second paragraph of this travesty published on Counterpunch is absolutely sickening. John Chuckman, the author, writes (my comments in brackets):

We are not at war in Iraq, killing and maiming for no reason [what about Haiti and Afghanistan, *******?]. We have conservatives in our politics, but we have no commentators spewing hate like Ann Coulter or Rush Limbaugh [Have you heard of David Warren - lead columnist of the Ottawa Citizen, or the entire National Post?]. We have no puffed-up imperialist ones like Thomas Friedman [The Canadian equivalents of Friedman pepper the ranks of the Globe and Mail]. We have no genuinely dangerous public figures like Tom Delay or Donald Rumsfeld [What about our Prime Minister, or Stephen Harper, Mike Harris, Gordon Campbell - do I need to go on?].
    And another insane paragraph:

I'd rather have a Prime Minister who sometimes dithers - although, as a pure politician, Mr. Martin has demonstrated breath-taking skill in outmaneuvering his opponents - than a President who seems capable of nothing but lying and crying about terror while terrorizing others.
    Oh, I guess Paul Martin is okay, then. Just ignore Haiti and Afghanistan, the Security Certificate Five, Maher Arar, business ties to Suharto's family, a twelve year assault on healthcare, EI, progressive taxation and the highest increase in military spending since Korea. Paul Martin should be put on trial along with Bush and Blair and every other head of state.

Shame on Counterpunch for publishing this drivel. Canada Day is nothing but the celebration of railroad tycoons and business owners forming a state to guarantee larger loans from London and New York. All the wonderful things that exist in Canada comes from ordinary Canadians fighting these ****bags, tooth and nail. Read a history book, Chuckman.

But, alas, I guess Canadians can fall back on the trusty "at least I'm not American" adage to get them through the day. How sad, and what a wonderful way to celebrate Canada Day

Canadians are 2nd only to Mexicans in illegal immigration to the USA.

Just putting that out there. It's fact.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

And Americans are second to none in illegal immigration to Canada.

Duh.

EDIT: while I'm right about Americans, you're wrong about Canadians:

These tips can help you find what you are looking for: Check the URL (web address) for proper spelling and completeness; Use our

Both Guatemala and El Salvador are the source of more illegal immigrants than is Canada

Furthermore, out of an estimated polulation of 5 million illegal immigrants only 2.4% are from Canada, which is fairly amazing given the ease with which any Canadian citizen can cross the border...
      Last edited by KrazyHorse; July 3, 2005, 21:28.
      12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
      Stadtluft Macht Frei
      Killing it is the new killing it
      Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Jimmy, although I agree with a number of your points, I wonder why you can't see that somebody might think that Afghanistan and Haiti are good ideas while Iraq is a bad one. I'm far from the most strident objector to the Iraq war (while I do think it was a dumb idea and will hurt more than it ends up helping, I certainly don't view the American and British presence as an unmitigated evil), but that would probably summarise my position quite well...
        Stadtluft Macht Frei
        Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Independance Day 2005: Special Report

It appears America may be in yet a third war

Please help defend yer honor America
          Attached Files
          Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Here's the real deal, ok ? Don't get your panties in a knot.

Mexico — 57 percent, or 5.9 million
            Other Latin American nations — 24 percent, or 2.5 million
            Asia — 9 percent, or 1 million
            Europe and Canada — 6 percent, or 600,000
            Africa and other — 4 percent, or 400,000
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

Jimmy, although I agree with a number of your points, I wonder why you can't see that somebody might think that Afghanistan and Haiti are good ideas while Iraq is a bad one.
              I can, and do, see that. I'm just making a point.

Comment

Speaking of immigration...

The flood of American liberals sneaking across the border into Canada
                has intensified in the past week, sparking calls for increased
                patrols to stop the illegal immigration.

The re-election of President Bush is prompting the exodus among
                leftleaning citizens who fear they'll soon be required to hunt, pray
                and agree with Bill O'Reilly.

Canadian border farmers say it's not uncommon to see dozens of
                sociology professors, animal rights activists and Unitarians crossing
                their fields at night.

''I went out to milk the cows the other day, and there was a
                Hollywood producer huddled in the barn," said Manitoba farmer Red
                Greenfield, whose acreage borders North Dakota. The producer was
                cold, exhausted and hungry. ''He asked me if I could spare a latte
                and some free-range chicken. When I said I didn't have any, he left.
                Didn't even get a chance to show him my screenplay, eh?"

In an effort to stop the illegal aliens, Greenfield erected higher
                fences, but the liberals scaled them. So he tried installing speakers
                that blare Rush Limbaugh across the fields. ''Not real effective," he
                said. ''The liberals still got through, and Rush annoyed the cows so
                much they wouldn't give milk."

Officials are particularly concerned about smugglers who meet
                liberals near the Canadian border, pack them into Volvo station
                wagons, drive them across the border and leave them to fend for
                themselves.

''A lot of these people are not prepared for rugged conditions," an
                Ontario border patrolman said. ''I found one carload without a drop
                of drinking water. They did have a nice little Napa Valley cabernet,
                though."

When liberals are caught, they're sent back across the border, often
                wailing loudly that they fear retribution from conservatives. Rumors
                have been circulating about the Bush administration establishing re-
                education camps in which liberals will be forced to drink domestic
                beer and watch NASCAR.

In the days since the election, liberals have turned to sometimes
                ingenious ways of crossing the border.

Some have taken to posing as senior citizens on bus trips to buy
                cheap Canadian prescription drugs. After catching a half-dozen young
                vegans disguised in powdered wigs, Canadian immigration authorities
                began stopping buses and quizzing the supposed senior-citizen
                passengers.

''If they can't identify the accordion player on The Lawrence Welk
                Show, we get suspicious about their age," an official said. Canadian
                citizens have complained that the illegal immigrants are creating an
                organic-broccoli shortage and renting all the good Susan Sarandon
                movies.

''I feel sorry for American liberals, but the Canadian economy just
                can't support them," an Ottawa resident said. ''How many art-history
                majors does one country need?"

In an effort to ease tensions between the United States and Canada,
                Vice President Dick Cheney met with the Canadian ambassador and
                pledged that the administration would take steps to reassure
                liberals, a source close to Cheney said. ''We're going to have some
                Peter, Paul & Mary concerts. And we might put some endangered species
                on postage stamps. The president is determined to reach out."
                Stadtluft Macht Frei
                Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Also, this is a good site:

A site about our having to Invade Canada. Come see so you can volunteer to conquer the beavers to the North.
                  Stadtluft Macht Frei
                  Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Yeah. Terrific. Carry their asses up there . That's great.

Comment

He's an American, I believe, so don't blame us.
                      (\__/)
                      (='.'=)
                      (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse

http://invadecanada.us/
                        sweet

I just made a list in another thread, and named tukes and molson and hockey, which this dude in the video did, as reasons to celebrate Canada
                        Attached Files
                        Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

They have forums, too. I'll be back...
                          Stadtluft Macht Frei
                          Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

That's a threat if I ever heard one.

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse

http://invadecanada.us/
                              Newfoundland's Worst Air Disaster occurred today when a small two-seater Cessna 152 plane crashed into a cemetery early this afternoon in central Newfoundland.

Newfie search and rescue workers have recovered 300 bodies so far and expect that number to climb as digging continues into the evening.
                              (\__/)
                              (='.'=)
                              (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Working...
                              X