I have discovered my superpower!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Urban Ranger

If you mean by the "One" is somebody you are destined to be with I say pah to the notion.
    Well dude, I think there are many "Ones" for us guys. But, ahem, I support us guys in relat. than girls.

Cause if I don't, I'll get my membership card revoked.
    Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
    Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
    *****Citizen of the Hive****
    "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Comment

There are women out there who can handle the 80-hour week from their husbands. Hell, there are women out there who demand it!

You are who you are and there are plenty of ladies who will like you as you are, 80 hour weeks and all. Don't change and don't stop looking.

Comment

And Urban has it all backwards - you make each other into "the One", you don't just find "the One."

Comment

Originally posted by JohnT
          And Urban has it all backwards - you make each other into "the One", you don't just find "the One."
          QFT
          "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
          "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Very true. But there are some that won't be made.

/me resists trotting out a tale of woe
            (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
            (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
            (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

Originally posted by JohnT

This is what I meant.

U_R gets a gold star.

Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
              Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
              *****Citizen of the Hive****
              "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Comment

Anyone who has watched even one of the myriad medical shows on tv knows that residents work horrendous hours. The only way you could be lying about your work hours is if you were pretending about the whole medical residency thing. If she ever visited you at the hospital while you were on call, that should have convinced her. Even during a "girl" moment, she couldn't have been that insane if she were actually "normal" (for a woman that is).
                “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Be Careful

If the next woman you attract looks like the picture above, run away and don't look back.
                  “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

Comment

Thanks Franky, your membership card is safe
                    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

heh, pchang. Heard she went lesbo alto.
                      Who is Barinthus?

Comment

she was at least bi to begin with. who knows with truly crazy women??????

Comment

Guynemer - she has some self-esteem/self-confidence issues, i.e. baggage. We all have some. How much do you want to deal with it - how does it compare to the pluses. Since nobody is perfect, look at the issues, see if she will realistically discuss them (I strongly suspect that some of the other poster's analysis is correct) and then, if they are worth it/reconcilable - keep her.

If, on the other hand, she is one of these ladies who expects a fair bit of your time, i.e. high maintenance, when you are not going to have it for years, chalk it up to another experience and move on. Sadly, many of us minimize our needs, and she may have thought - he's this clever, sexy guy who is great in the sack, he's pretty considerate and he loooves cowbells .

Seriously, though, she may have minimized the impact your schedule would have on you two as a couple, and over-estimated her ability to cope. If that's the case, then she should move on. Counseling can help to let you both see where the real conflicts are, you have to decide is she genuinely worth it. Don't lie to yourself - this kind of conflict out of the blue really bothers you, and not all women are that way. This may be her way of trying to bring up issues, and if you cannot stand that way of doing it - then don't.

Once other piece of advice. From my own past history, if you are looking for a permanent relationship (which is the impression I've gotten), and eventually kids, early on take her somewhere with kids. The Columbus Zoo, COSI, maybe the Newport Aquarium down in Cincinnatti (you can meet my little girl and check out how the lady is with kids at the same time ). Watch her with them, and then ask yourself if we had a child, and I died, would I want her to raise that child? If the answer is no, for all her other good traits - move on.
                          The worst form of insubordination is being right - Keith D., marine veteran. A dictator will starve to the last civilian - self-quoted
                          And on the eigth day, God realized it was Monday, and created caffeine. And behold, it was very good. - self-quoted
                          Klaatu: I'm impatient with stupidity. My people have learned to live without it.
                          Mr. Harley: I'm afraid my people haven't. I'm very sorry… I wish it were otherwise.

Comment

No offense guy but since i am a nurse i know how many hours you put in as a resident and good god i know I couldnt take it. I wouldnt accuse you of cheating but i know that id be a bit pissy if you were always working. Guess this is why my hubby aint in medicine. Good luck tho hope every thing works out for ya
                            When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
                            "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
                            Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

LOL "girl moment"

Perfect description of what that was

Most women seem to want their around most of the time, but there are girls who do like their own sense of space. What does this girl do for a living? Sounds like maybe you need to get a professional woman. Get you a lawyer or something.

Mmmm chicks in business suits...

Absense makes the heart grow fonder.
                              We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Re: Re: I have discovered my superpower!

Originally posted by Lazarus and the Gimp

Slamming your nuts in a car door is simple too, and probably less painful than that marriage would have been.

Look on the bright side- you're managing to entice young ladies into your bed, so at least you're not a hideously warped social inadequate.

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Working...
                                X