Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have discovered my superpower!

Attracting crazy women!

For the past two months, I've been dating this girl. Smart, funny, sweet, beautiful, good cook, into science, etc. Things have been going great, really great. And the sex has been, in a word, spectacular.

Many of you know my theory on sex: the crazier the girl, the better the sex. This was the first relationship I'd ever had which bucked the trend. She was completely normal, but an absolute savage in the sack. I figured she was either the glorious exception that proved my rule, or that she had so compartmentalized herself that she was deeply, deeply insane, and it just hadn't revealed itself yet.

Chock one up for the latter.

She turns to me today and says she wants to break up, because basically she doesn't trust me. What it boils down to essentially is that between my (apparently alleged) 80hr/wk job and the resulting fatigue, she doesn't believe me when I say I can't do something with her. Like I'd have the energy or the brains to have a second woman on the side.

During the course of this discussion, she did an about face and said she wanted to work things out; I decided that this would undoubtedly continue to be a problem, and I simply couldn't deal with it.

If only my ex-fiancee hadn't broken things off over a year go. Sure, I'd be trapped in a loveless marriage (or, rather, one-way marriage), but Christ on a crutch, life would be a whole lot simpler.
    "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

That really, really sucks

Comment

Re: I have discovered my superpower!

Originally posted by Guynemer

If only my ex-fiancee hadn't broken things off over a year go. Sure, I'd be trapped in a loveless marriage (or, rather, one-way marriage), but Christ on a crutch, life would be a whole lot simpler.
      Slamming your nuts in a car door is simple too, and probably less painful than that marriage would have been.

Look on the bright side- you're managing to entice young ladies into your bed, so at least you're not a hideously warped social inadequate.
      The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

Sounds like you gave up two great months and a lot of future because of one bad (and not uncommon) girl-moment.

She-it, if everybody did that nobody would stay together!

Comment

I am not sure how people do stay (or get) together. Everyone seems to be harshly judgemental on one another and if, by some miracle, coupling seems to occur (christ knows how) there is always this kind of crap that ruins everything...
          Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

What it boils down to essentially is that between my (apparently alleged) 80hr/wk job and the resulting fatigue, she doesn't believe me when I say I can't do something with her. Like I'd have the energy or the brains to have a second woman on the side.
            Looks like this boils down to a choice between an 80hr/week job or her.

Comment

That is the price of medicine, alas...you can't say he isn't doing the right thing...
              Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Many of you know my theory on sex: the crazier the girl, the better the sex.
                Very very true. It is a personal observation as well.

Regardless, sorry about this. :/
                Who is Barinthus?

Comment

Sorry to hear it, but I've gotta say that I'd break up with somebody who worked 80 hours/week too. Admittedly, I'd believe that they were really working -- I'd still break up with them, though.

Just a guess: "I think you're seeing someone else" was actually code for "I'm thinking about seeing someone else, someone I met in the oodles of spare time I have when you're not around."
                  "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

Undoubtedly true, Rufus.
                    "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Originally posted by JohnT
                      Sounds like you gave up two great months and a lot of future because of one bad (and not uncommon) girl-moment.

She-it, if everybody did that nobody would stay together!
                      THIS is the truth.

No relationship will last if you dump a girl cuz of a girl moment. They happen often enough.
                      Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

Originally posted by Rufus T. Firefly
                        Sorry to hear it, but I've gotta say that I'd break up with somebody who worked 80 hours/week too. Admittedly, I'd believe that they were really working -- I'd still break up with them, though.

Just a guess: "I think you're seeing someone else" was actually code for "I'm thinking about seeing someone else, someone I met in the oodles of spare time I have when you're not around."
                        That does make sense. I think it may have happened to me Too bad, she was terrific in the sack.
                        Who is Barinthus?

Comment

Originally posted by Rufus T. Firefly
                          Or maybe she just want to see you more often.
                          (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                          (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                          (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Bah,

This chick isn't emotionally mature enough to understand that hey, you gotta put bread on the table. All those fancy dinners aren't being paid for on kindness and sparetime.

If she was the "One", then she would listen to you and you'd try and make a compromise and the two of you would work things out.

Sorry dude...but you're only gonna get tough love over here. Work things out with her if you truly want her. If it was the sex that was maintaining the relationship, move on. You're better than that.

We all are.
                            Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
                            Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
                            *****Citizen of the Hive****
                            "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Comment

Originally posted by Frankychan
                              If she was the "One", then she would listen to you and you'd try and make a compromise and the two of you would work things out.
                              If you mean by the "One" is somebody you are destined to be with I say pah to the notion.
                              (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                              (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                              (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Working...
                              X