Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much do you know about Rugby League?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MikeH
    Can you use culture in a sentence with Australian and not use the words devoid of somewhere in it?
    Yes, but only when discussing bacteriology.
    The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

voices from a fallen empire
      Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

My cultural tastes are British, American, French and Indian. Most Australians source a great deal of their culture from overseas... but that's not to say we don't have culture here. It's just, in my opinion, parochial and boring.

Comment

there's a very pronounced Australian culture and lifestyle
          Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Comment

The high point of which appears to be getting a job as bar staff as far away from Australia as possible.
            The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

Re: How much do you know about Rugby League?

Well, it gives real rugby a bad name ...

[Edit: LMAO@Laz ]

Comment

And an Australian and a Soccer fan are telling me Union still has a problem with snobbery, is anti-Northern (lame PA, very lame) and deeply associated with Grammar schools?

Gentlemen you are living a quarter century in the past at the very least. Your comments are as anachronistic as a Union fan arguing that League is only watched by old men in flat caps!

Oh on a subsequent reading it appears PA meant that the media is snobbish - can't say I have noticed that as the BBC has endless League coverage when it has sod all Union on these days.
                Last edited by Havak; July 5, 2005, 06:02.
                It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt

Comment

That will be because it's summer therefore league season? And it has had some stuff about the lions tour?
                  Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                  Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                  We've got both kinds

Comment

Originally posted by Lazarus and the Gimp
                    The high point of which appears to be getting a job as bar staff as far away from Australia as possible.
                    Brits can't get jobs as bar staff here - they don't work hard enough.

Comment

That's because bartending is for lower races like Australians, Kiwis and South Africans.
                      Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                      We've got both kinds

Comment

And beer drinking is for Brits.

As a crowd drawing sport Union is entirely on subscription TV (Sky). The Lions bits on the Beeb are scraps cast off by Sky when they are finished with them.

Only bits of league are on Sky - the unvalued tournaments (e.g Challenge Cup) all get shown on the BBC.

League moved it's season to summer because it was dying trying to compete with Football and Union in the winter. Crowds are currently growing - but it isn't in the robust health PA might like you to believe.

Some of what League is doing is frankly a little laughable - witness the presence of Toulouse in the cup competition. It's an artificial team stacked with Aussies and Brits - so who are the League boys trying to fool?
                        It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt

Comment

Look! A Frenchman!

*Dracon ducks out of view... hoping those insufferable poms will be fooled by his decoy Chirac cardboard cutout*

Comment

union - kick off - mall collapses - the play breaks down - scrum - play breaks down - someone kicks the ball out - play breaks down - stoppage while they line up - ball isn't thrown in straight - stoppage - do it again - everyone line up again - someone gets the ball and kicks it out again - start again after a stoppage..... that's the first 5 minutes and so on for 80 minutes.
                            Last edited by Alexander's Horse; July 6, 2005, 00:47.

Comment

Damian would be greatly saddened, I'm sure, to hear his dear old dad talk about his team like that ...

Comment

Horsie, I believe a mall is what Americans shop in.

Rugby players maul.
                                We've got both kinds

Comment

Working...
                                X