Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much do you know about Rugby League?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much do you know about Rugby League?

Basically, the tougher version of Union. Instead of grabbing balls in the scrum and being in a big slumber party called a ruck, this sport actually involves people running into each other at full pelt. Every five seconds. The only sport that probably comes close is Australian Rules Footie.

Anyway, come on you Reds, Salford vs Huddersfield on Sky Sports 1 for those that can get it. I'll be there. SALFORD! SALFORD! (bashes skull)
    www.my-piano.blogspot

I'm from Hull. All I can say to your Salford is 'Hah!'
    Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Yeah. At least we're second to you in car robbing league.
      www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

I know that it is a game played by neanderthals.

I also suspect that fans of Rugby League have either an overt homosexual inclination, or else a subconscious one. I can see no other reason for watching a game where men physically brutalise each other and then affectionately caress each others buttocks.

I like watching women's tennis and women's diving myself. Netball is good viewing too.
        Voluntary Human Extinction Movement http://www.vhemt.org/

Comment

At least I don't have to live there any more
          Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

But they're actually pretty good at the British Bulldog sport. Unlike us Salford lads who have lost eight on the bounce..never mind, we'll win today, just you watch....
            www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Well Hull isn't doing too bad nowadays...it's got two pretty decent rugby teams and the football team doesn't seem to be doing too bad either (with it's phoenix-like rise to the championship). I'm not really interested in the sports themselves, but I do consider it to be a matter of civic pride...
              Speaking of Erith:

Comment

Same here. I acknowledge Salford's a bunghole but I came from there therefore I have to support them.

Yanks don't get this feeling I reckon as they are all immiggies
                www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Well I think despite the incredible problem with petty crime in Hull (has anyone been there recently? It's like a high-tech CCTV police state, they're on every corner) the place is looking fairly smart...there is a lot of redevelopment going on and I don't think it is too bad a place to live (I prefer it to Leeds easily, but not to Manchester or London, but that is probably more to do with my draw to large urban centres as well). But it's the job situation. There is nothing there for someone like me. The career opportunities here are great, but back in Hull I would just be stuck in some low-paid dead end job...and that is doing chemistry! It kind of leaves a bit of a bitter taste about the place.

I don't know whether there is much of a correllation between what teams Americans support and their locality...only they can tell us
                  Speaking of Erith:

Comment

I don't like Leeds.
                    www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

The only sport that probably comes close is Australian Rules Footie.

Please explain how Rugby League is similar to Aussie Rules.

Aussie rules is not about running at your opponent, its about avoiding the opponent by keeping the ball in play. Hence the high level of kicking and passing.

Aussie rules has more similarities with Rugby Union than League.

Comment

My flatmate has offered his description of American Football.

Basically it involves being soft, intellectually challenged, and taking a break every five seconds.

Comment

Originally posted by Dracon II
                          My flatmate has offered his description of American Football.

Basically it involves being soft, intellectually challenged, and taking a break every five seconds.

An American Football player wouldn't last two seconds in Rugby League.

(BTW, we won )
                          www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

I don't care - Huddersfield is almost Manchester anyway
                            Speaking of Erith:

Comment

Originally posted by Bkeela
                              I know that it is a game played by neanderthals.
                              I played from the age of 6 to 16
                              Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Working...
                              X