No announcement yet.

Leaving Forever tomorrow.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meanwhile CMN and Creator have fallen apart.
    “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
    "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

An Iraq vet and a policeman? You're still my hero.
      "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
      "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
      2004 Presidential Candidate
      2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

Good luck Oerdin!!

America's finest.
        We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Best of luck of luck Oerdin. Word of warning though, don't find a replacement for apolyton. Parroting GePap a little here Apolyton might of served as a diversion from real life, don't replace it with another diversion. Stay focused. Good luck
          Accidently left my signature in this post.

Comment

Good luck, man.

Comment

Set a goal to help get in shape Oerdin, like hiking a trail for a week when you reach it.

Seeya pal, remember my invitation, don't lose that phone number.

Long time member @ Apolyton
              Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Re: Leaving Forever tomorrow.

Oerdin,

Good luck on finding a permanent job and losing weight.

Though I would take issue of saying time spent on Apolyton is a waste.

Nobody ever works every waking hour. People need breaks. Besides, a person can only remain very productive a few hours a day anyway. So the only question here is how you use your time. Working out and looking for a job takes around 8 hours a day at most. So you still have another 8 hours at your disposal. If you don't use the time surfing the Net you probably end up watching TV or playing a computer game.

Another thing is, have you ever learned something from Poly? Either directly from another poster, or indirectly because you went looking for information on the Web or elsewhere in order to refute something. Perhaps you learned a strange word or two from molly bloom? Maybe your views became more moderate or extreme through debates with the other side?

BTW if you need help with your CV just post it here
                (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

You could run in place while posting. Maybe you could get 'poly on your cell phone and take it with you jogging.
                  "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

He needs a strapon laptop.

ACK!
                    Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Take care, Oerdin.
                      The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

Oerdin - good luck. I will seriously miss your posts, they are well thought out, and I go out of my way to read your threads, even on topics I would normally avoid. Just remember, the help you gave us - me and my sister - when her husband was killed really helped her out in those first few hours. You have done good here on OT.
                        The worst form of insubordination is being right - Keith D., marine veteran. A dictator will starve to the last civilian - self-quoted
                        And on the eigth day, God realized it was Monday, and created caffeine. And behold, it was very good. - self-quoted
                        Klaatu: I'm impatient with stupidity. My people have learned to live without it.
                        Mr. Harley: I'm afraid my people haven't. I'm very sorry… I wish it were otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious
                          Only one person posted in my leaving forever thread.

Good luck Oerdin , welcome back Kidicious

Comment

Good luck

And welcome back Kid
                            "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                            "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                            "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

RL is always more important than "just" an Internet-Forum.
                              So take your time off to archive your Goals in Real Life until you think you can afford some time on Apolyton again (without affecting RL) and then return

Good Luck
                              Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                              Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Originally posted by Proteus_MST
                                RL is always more important than "just" an Internet-Forum.
                                But... but... this is real life, isn't it? Isnt't it?
                                I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Working...
                                X