Leaving Forever tomorrow.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leaving Forever tomorrow.

I've noticed Diss and Che have both taken off from these forums and I can't help but feel I've wasted far to much time here which I could have better put to use else where. I've been meaning to get back into shape for the policeman's exam but all to often instead of going out for that jog I log in here to debate politics. I can't help but feel I could do better if I was properly motivated thus I have chosen to take a sabbatical from Apolyton.

I've decided my last day will be tomorrow June 26th and that I shall remain self banned until I lose 15 pounds, get a permanent job instead of the lame temp job I currently have, and feel I have properly regained focus and discipline in my life. I'm just feeling there are a couple of changes I'd like to make in order to become more productive. Hopefully you folks will still be here after I come back from my self-exile.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Good luck, man

Comment

Wow, I hope you find yourself again Oerdin.

Comment

I hope you achieve your aims, but don;t kid yourself about Poly being a cause. It is at best an excuse, certainly not a reason. So, maybe, you will be able to rejoin us before those goals are achieved with new confidence that the time you spend here is time well spent, or time you wanted to spend here simply because you could.

Good luck
        If you don't like reality, change it! me
        "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
        "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
        "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

See ya soon.
          I'm consitently stupid- Japher
          I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

im flying back to sd tomorrow from oakland. i'd better see you huffing and puffing along the five.
            "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

What GePap said.

Good luck mate, hope to see you soon, prefarably with a new batch of music.
              Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
              Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Only one person posted in my leaving forever thread.
                I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

We knew better.

ACK!
                  Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

You are a smarter man than I, Oerdin. I have a weight bench in my room, but whenever I work out, I log on to Apolyton in between sets. Needless to say, it takes me about two hours to finish a 45 minute workout.

I wish you the best. Don't be afraid to lurk, though!
                    "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
                    ^ The Poly equivalent of:
                    "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

I've wasted innumerable hours in hopeless causes here, but that's life. You'll be back.
                      Only feebs vote.

Comment

I've decided my last day will be tomorrow June 26th and that I shall remain self banned until I lose 15 pounds, get a permanent job instead of the lame temp job I currently have, and feel I have properly regained focus and discipline in my life.

You do know that if you return here after having achieved your goals you'll have to restart all over again, don't you?
                        I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

You'll be back!

[Barney] Of course I'll be back, if you didn't close I'd never leave![/Barney]
                          Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

Re: Leaving Forever tomorrow.

Originally posted by Oerdin
                            I've noticed Diss and Che have both taken off from these forums and I can't help but feel I've wasted far to much time here which I could have better put to use else where.
                            We agree

Good luck

Comment

Re: Leaving Forever tomorrow.

Originally posted by Oerdin
                              I've decided my last day will be tomorrow June 26th and that I shall remain self banned until I lose 15 pounds, get a permanent job instead of the lame temp job I currently have, and feel I have properly regained focus and discipline in my life. I'm just feeling there are a couple of changes I'd like to make in order to become more productive. Hopefully you folks will still be here after I come back from my self-exile.
                              Heah Oerdin,

I did a similar thing this past spring in that I excused myself from my CMN and Creator responsibilities in the SMAC(X) Community for 5 months, as I felt ( or knew) that I really needed to concentrate on the RL side of my life. In that time I trained to run the ten mile Mountain Goat in under 90 minutes. I also went from being considered a subpar performer at work to one who is now being actively recruited for several advanced positions. From having talked to you on several occasions, as well as reading your posts here at 'poly, why I think you are very capable of achieving the goals you are setting for yourself: just stick to the outline that you detailed above, and you should accomplish them!

Good Luck!

D

Comment

Working...
                              X