Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oi women are teh confusing. 'Poly women mind translating for me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Agathon

Imran on the metaphysics of cuddling.

yes lets put a timer by the bed and make sure we don't go over our 10 min mark
    "If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun." -Katherine Hepburn

Comment

• Originally posted by Mrs. Tuberski
      First off nobody has mentioned spooning as cuddling. Second if you have known the guy for a long time whats wrong with that. Third it could be the girl just needs and wants to be held and not screwed for once. If space is unvcomfortable then he needs to speak up if not and is ok with "cuddling" with out the boner then why should he not comfort this girl??? I am sure most of you guys think she is playing a game but in reality she enjoys his company and is a bit on the touchy feely side.

perfect

he did say her last relationship ended sour.
      i think thats the way he put it..
      anyway.. maybe shes just still hurting
      and isn't ready for anything more yet.
      "If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun." -Katherine Hepburn

Comment

• Sounds to me like she doesn't want a 'relationship' so is sticking to the just friends line because she likes you and values you as a friend.

But all the physical stuff.....implies she wouldnt mind sex with her 'just friend'. Or at least thats what it implies when I am in bed with male friends.

It is possible to have a brilliant and fulfilling friendship with casual sex on the side, avoiding any of the relationship pitfalls that may have hurt her in the past.
        Desperados of the world, unite. You have nothing to lose but your dignity.......

Comment

• Re: Oi women are teh confusing. 'Poly women mind translating for me?

Originally posted by Space05us
          She insists we're just friends. Why does she call out of nowhere to talk about nothing? Why does she cuddle with me in my bed after work? She even waited almost 2 hours after she got off just to give me a ride home last night, and stayed out an hour longer than usual. She usually gets home by 1 at the latest, last night she stayed until almost 2:30.

Not that I mind, Im just confused. This is not normal friend stuff, is it?
          Get yourself out of this situation ASAP. She most likely is just using you for emotional comfort.

Is she pretty and/or popular? If so, she probably knows she can treat men like garbage and get away with it.
          DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

• Space, do you know why so many women complain that there aren't any nice guys?

Because there aren't any nice guys any more. Women bred that out of us 100 000 years ago.

Now start sticking up for yourself and bury your hatchet in her...
            12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
            Stadtluft Macht Frei
            Killing it is the new killing it
            Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• What makes you think there ever was any nice guys?
              Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
              The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

• KrazyHorse, that's Ted Striker material.
                urgh.NSFW

Comment

• Its not to hard to understand that this girl likes him and cares for him. She just hasnt made it seem like she wants him as a boyfriend. However that doesnt mean she wont later on. Relationships take time to build they dont just unfold in one day for heavans sake. If this grlis worth pursuing for more then i sure space will know when the time is right to move forward.
                  I can tell you that if a girl wants to be kissed you will kniow it. You will be able to see it in her eyes and on her face.
                  When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
                  "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
                  Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

• And you'd know that how?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                    The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

• Originally posted by KrazyHorse
                      Space, do you know why so many women complain that there aren't any nice guys?

Because there aren't any nice guys any more. Women bred that out of us 100 000 years ago.
                      As a nice guy, I seriously oppose your statement that I don't exist!
                      "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                      "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                      "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

• Originally posted by Last Conformist
                        And you'd know that how?
                        If your talking to me i think your gonna have to be a bit more specific on i know what how.
                        When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
                        "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
                        Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

• Originally posted by Verres

It is possible to have a brilliant and fulfilling friendship with casual sex on the side, .
                          I agree completely. The apex of this is the F*** buddy. In my case it was a good friend who I respected a lot but we knew we would never be a couple. We then later found out we can share some great sex.

I just don't think either Space or this girl is up for that. I still think he needs to decide

1. Does he have special feelings for her that makes him want a relationship?

2. If a relationship doesn't/won't work, does he want her as a friend.

Without special feelings I still think he should back off and just be a friend. If something happens later fine but he should cease looking for it.
                          You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

• Originally posted by Mrs. Tuberski

If your talking to me i think your gonna have to be a bit more specific on i know what how.
                            How you know that if a girl wants to be kissed, Space will see it.

Comment

• Oh and to me cuddling is something you cannot really do standing. I would see it as sitting or more likely reclining or lying such that there is a lot of body contact. I consider spooning to be a form of cuddling and one that I prefer with my wife.

I don't agree with some arbitrary 10 minute rule as I think you could be cuddling for far less time than that
                              You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

• Originally posted by boann
                                "there is a narrow window of opportunity in most cases where you have a chance to be a romantic interest or you slide into the friends zone."

do you guys honestly believe this load of crap
                                Yes, it seems to hold true. It's often a move or lose proposition.
                                Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Working...
                                X