No announcement yet.

That's one smelly pizza pie.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chicago style pizza is simply an exercise in how much cheese can be crammed into a pastry shell. It can be tasty, but it's also sickening after about two slices.
    "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
    "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
    "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

Using a flaky pastry dough is why I don;t consider Chicago Style true pizza.Pizza is on bread dough, not pastry dough.

That said, a Chicago pie can be good.
      If you don't like reality, change it! me
      "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
      "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
      "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Here's a picture of a California pizza. Generally they're smaller in size then most east coast pizzas and they use much better ingredients (generally organic is used) and the stress is on preparing a simple, fresh and highly flavorful pie. They'll also try different types of exotic cheeses, different types of meats, and even different types of sauces. Fresh herbs are always a feature.

Also big are seafood and various types of veggies you wouldn't find on pizza's back east. The pizza is never supposed to look like an east coast "OMG< THERE"S EVERYTHING ON IT!!!" pizza.
        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
          The pizza is never supposed to look like an east coast "OMG< THERE"S EVERYTHING ON IT!!!" pizza.
          What a gross distortion. Most slices you'll find in NYC pizza places are either 1) cheese, 2) pepporoni, or 3) mushroom or 4) a combo of 2 ingredients on a pizza. Then you'll have one "meat" pie with several different meats on it, and a veggie pie like that. By and large, you don't see massive conglomerations of toppings on the pizza.
          Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

To date I have eaten four types of pizza - NYC pizza, Berkeley California pizza, Taiwanese pizza, and frozen pizza from the supermarket.

I've found California pizza to be best for lunch, since it's light and doesn't have to be steaming hot to taste good.

Taiwanese pizza (which is heavy on seafood, fruits, etc.) makes good dinner.

New York pizza is best for eating late at night at parties, bars, etc.

Frozen supermarket pizza sucks.

I have yet to find a pizza that makes a good breakfast - any suggestions?
            Visit First Cultural Industries
            There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
            Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

On your west coast pizza Oerdin, they have tomato slices covering most of the cheese! How do they expect to toast the cheese?

They don't of course, the anarchists.

Look at the cheese that can be seen. Looks like lard or pimple juice, not toasted one bit.

That pizza has been abused!

Maybe it's NOT cheese! Maybe it's tofu...
              Long time member @ Apolyton
              Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

"I have yet to find a pizza that makes a good breakfast - any suggestions?"

Eggs, bacon, toast and juice.
                Long time member @ Apolyton
                Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Breakfast pizza = leftover pizza from the night before eaten cold.
                  Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Me and my dad make homemade pizza - delicious. We own our own pizza stone for baking. Scrumptious.
                    "mono has crazy flow and can rhyme words that shouldn't, like Eminem"
                    Drake Tungsten
                    "get contacts, get a haircut, get better clothes, and lose some weight"
                    Albert Speer

Comment

Pizza is good at any meal.

Comment

I hate you all. We pnly have Pizza Hut, Mazzio's, Pizza Pro, and Pizza Perfect in Camden.

(Someone want to come open another pizza joint? Doesn't seem like there's any limit at all to the market here...)
                        meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

Working...
                        X