No announcement yet.

That's one smelly pizza pie.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There's two pizza places within walking distance of my apartment that have excellent NY-style pizza. One is run by a guy who moved here from NYC (not me, mind you).
    Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Originally posted by Lancer
      ****ty pizza is the norm on the left coast.

I'd give $50 for a true New York cheese pie.
      California style pizza beats that greezy crap served in New york or Chicago any day. What's more the market agrees that they're better and that's why people are willing to pay more for California style pizzas.
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

What's more the market agrees that they're better and that's why people are willing to pay more for California style pizzas
        Nope. The reason ppl pay more is because it has the word "California" in front of it.
        Monkey!!!

Comment

People must percieve the pizza is worth more because they're paying more.

California Pizza tends to be a gourmet pizza with fresh and upscale ingredients compared to your run of the mill pizza. You'd drink Califonria pizza with a glass of wine while the average blue colar pizza only goes with beer. They're different approachs.

Comment

Chicago pizza is far better than California pizza, clearly.
            I changed my signature

Comment

I prefer Italian pizza, but generally as long as it doesnt have fruit on it ill eat it.
              Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
              CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
              One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Originally posted by Gamecube64
                Chicago pizza is far better than California pizza, clearly.
                The market disagrees.

Comment

Thats because the market is full of obese people who still want to eat alot and not exercise but still lose weight, thusly what do they choose? The pizza with less fat of course.
                  I changed my signature

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
                    You'd drink Califonria pizza with a glass of wine
                    If it's so gloopy you have to drink it, that's pretty ****ty pizza.

California-style pizza is sissified. The only reason it's more expensive is because they use froo-froo ingredients. NY and Chicago are the big dogs, real and in-your-face. Word.
                    Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

I like 'em both, but I don't think CA-style pizza is justified in raising their prices because they use chicken, bbq sauce, and peanuts on the same peice of pie. It's not like any of that is any more expensive than more traditional ingredients.
                      Monkey!!!

Comment

Putting bbq chicken on a pizza is abominable anyway. That just shows those who eat it have ****ty taste and low food standards.
                        Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Shocking! You mean someone might enjoy different foods then you, Boris?

BTW can we all at least agree that Texas style pizza is ****ty? (See OP)

Comment

A true pizza is baked in a brick oven, nas very thin crusts, and uses real mozzarella, not shredded cheese.

Anything that uses processed shredded cheese and is cooked in a gas oven is no longer highest quality pizza. That CA put all sorts of things on their pizza to hide the poor quaslity of the sauce, or the cheese, or the bland crust is hardly a sign of quality.

The casserole Chicagoans call pizza is tasty, but ain't true pizza.
                            If you don't like reality, change it! me
                            "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                            "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                            "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Pepe's in New Haven, CT is the best pizza I have ever had... or should I say Apizza?
                              Monkey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by GePap
                                A true pizza is baked in a brick oven, nas very thin crusts, and uses real mozzarella, not shredded cheese.

Anything that uses processed shredded cheese and is cooked in a gas oven is no longer highest quality pizza. That CA put all sorts of things on their pizza to hide the poor quaslity of the sauce, or the cheese, or the bland crust is hardly a sign of quality.

The casserole Chicagoans call pizza is tasty, but ain't true pizza.
                                Agreed.

Comment

Working...
                                X