Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Re: '30 Days'

Originally posted by Sikander

No country on earth has "free" medical care, such a thing is impossible unless that "care" consisted of no one doing anything for you.
    Or someone helping you volountairily.
    Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Originally posted by Dissident
      And she's not being sued.
      Wrong. She's not being sued . . . yet! That's an important distinction. Right now, the families are in greiving mode, but they will sue her and her insurance company if they fail to offer the family enough money to cover costs plus pain and suffering (not that that can be quantified).
      Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by Drake Tungsten
        Why does it seem like almost every nation on the planet Earth has a better healthcare system for it's citizens than the U.S.?

Eh? America has probably the highest quality healthcare system on Earth. It's just expensive...
        You can only say that by ignoring the people who can't afford treatment or who bankrupt themselves because of healthcosts, and that even includes people with insurnace. American healthcare is next to useless for a large segment of our population, no matter how "great" it is. A system you can't use has no quality. Thus, even Cuba's health care pwns the **** out of America's.
        Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

We don't have a half-ways decent helthcare system because special intrest groups are good at convincing people that nationalized healthcare is bad (usually by grossly exagerating Canada's few problems way out of proprtion) and cause your taxes to go up.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs. Tuberski
            This i find very entertaining Franky prolly gona choke after he reads it . My 14 yo old just had to have his appendix out last month. I just got a break down from insurance co. on the cost of the whole deal er charges ex rays and 3 day stay in hospital or 2 .5 day stay and surgery cost totaled 67,000 dollars. my part is 3500.00 dollars

Wait, HOW MUCH WAS THE FRICKEN BILL???

67 THOUSAND FRIGGIN DOLLARS??? And worse off, you're paying roughly half of the bill. WTF is wrong with that ****e. See, that kind of surgery is necessary....and should be covered. But all that cosmetic ****e should be paid out of pocket.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. But still....67K? That's friggin messed up. And I thought MY bill was bad.
            Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
            Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
            *****Citizen of the Hive****
            "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara

You can only say that by ignoring the people who can't afford treatment or who bankrupt themselves because of healthcosts, and that even includes people with insurnace. American healthcare is next to useless for a large segment of our population, no matter how "great" it is. A system you can't use has no quality. Thus, even Cuba's health care pwns the **** out of America's.

I agree with you on this.
              A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankychan

Wait, HOW MUCH WAS THE FRICKEN BILL???

67 THOUSAND FRIGGIN DOLLARS??? And worse off, you're paying roughly half of the bill.
                I read $3500 not $35000, still ****ty though, all insurance companies can suck my ass. Biggest ****ing racket in America.

Comment

Dude, both my mom and my dad said that the Insurance Industry in America is legal loansharking there ever was.

And my parents are Democrat and Republican. When you have both sides of the argument growing up, how can you go wrong? It's all about the 'Almighty Dollar' now, and not about "United We Stand".

Sucks. Anyway, ignore my biases. '30 Days' is still a very good program to watch. The next one is hormone therapy for a male. I really wanna see it. This guy "Spurlock" or whatever has me hooked.
                  Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
                  Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
                  *****Citizen of the Hive****
                  "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Comment

Originally posted by Sikander

Insurance companies purposefully make it hard to collect on claims, and they refuse to adapt universal forms or policies, which in turn forces all health care providers to hire numerous people to fight the bureacracy wars against the insurance companies. They routinely challenge valid charges simply to engage you in a protracted struggle in order to delay payment.

Secondly, as they are a percentage industry they actually have a disincentive to control medical costs of all sorts in the long run, even as they will go to the mat to not pay for that aspirin your doctor gave you in the short run. This has a particularly large impact in regard to torts and the wasteful defensive medicine that they spawn. Simply by settling weak cases rather than litigating them they can collect huge sums in perpetuity from health care providers who may have done no wrong, but never got a chance to prove that in court. The health care provider gets a black mark on their record, and their malpractice insurance rates go through the roof.
                    That a nice explanation, now how can we break it down into a 8 word soundbyte?
                    We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

67 THOUSAND FRIGGIN DOLLARS???
                      Which is insane. Even with no insurance or anything I can't imagine that costing more than a tenth of that in Korea and no more than a little of that is due to a difference in labor costs etc. the big difference is the insane amount of medical-industry bureaucracy and general inefficiency of the US health care system.

Korean health care: fast, dirt cheap and mediocre
                      Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

Interesting...
                        Last edited by Drake Tungsten; June 20, 2005, 10:15.
                        KH FOR OWNER!
                        ASHER FOR CEO!!
                        GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

I'm seeing a whole lot of opinion and guess work but little to know actual facts based discussion from that blog. Typical of most blogs on the net really.
                          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Funny, I saw a bunch of questions...

edit: Then again, you probably never saw the post on 30 Days I was trying to link to. The damn permalink isn't working for some reason...
                            Last edited by Drake Tungsten; June 20, 2005, 10:16.
                            KH FOR OWNER!
                            ASHER FOR CEO!!
                            GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Working...
                            X