Apolyton Naming Convention

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apolyton Naming Convention

OK folks.. it's about time to talk about the things in your house or in your everyday life that you give names to. More weird.. the better.

I have to admit I name my underwear. I do think I have better than average memory, I remember numbers extremely well and pictures. So I got them both down. The way it happens is that I have natural way of playing with words and things in my mind to make it more interesting.. I must say my underwear is interesting, but I make it even more interesting. For fun.

Ok.. today I wore Nasty Boys. Yes I call them Nasty Boys.. in english. I don't have a finnish name for them. They are kind of .. a little too tight briefs! The only briefs I have.. like swimming trunks!.. thus Nasty Boys. I should throw them out but I have grown to like them ever since I started calling them that, and when I put them on I go in front of a mirror and give a big smile to myself and say 'nasty boys, yeah! go son go!' or something similar. It's an insider joke exclusively for me when I walk down the streets wearing Nasty Boys. No one knows.. but I'm wearing them.

Then I have 'The Grey'.. they are comfortable boxers.. I just lay down the rest of the names I have, no need for a story longer than that, plus most don't have any story.

Nasty Boys
    The Grey
    Saturday (doesn't mean I wear them every saturday )
    Magneto
    Kraftwerk
    Naima Aslakit (don't ask, does not translate)
    Banana Split
    Weekenders
    Silks

... I have of course more underwear than that but the rest is more boring, mostly refering the the color etc.
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

I only name my computers and stuffed animals
    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

cool.. so what kind of names do you give puters? Don't say cities.. that's so unoriginal.. like every school has computers named after cities, scientist or whatever BS. It's over and done with. Also, do you stuff the animals yourself?

(for people who can't appreciate the craft, notice how I used all that text only to put in the last sentence I wanted to use in the first place. This will conclude the lesson on 'how to be less stupid')
      In da butt.
      "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
      THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
      "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka
        ... like every school has computers named after cities,...
        Not just schools. My company (and I suspect many others) has a long tradition of naming servers after cities.
        Gives a new meaning to the phrase 'NewYork is going down.'
        veni vidi PWNED!

Comment

I have an iron bar named Anneli
          The enemy cannot push a button if you disable his hand.

Comment

I have friends
            Que l’Univers n’est qu’un défaut dans la pureté de Non-être.

- Paul Valery

Comment

The enemy cannot push a button if you disable his hand.

Comment

My underwear looks all the same since I buy them in 3 or 5 packs and mostly black, because I have very white skin. Black makes a good contrast and that's what it's all about.

OTOH I like the naming convention for computers that we have. Our desktop is named "MrPink" and the Gateway "MrServer" (inspired by the movie Spaceballs and Reservoir Dogs). The convention is rather new, so my notebook and the other Desktop don't follow yet.
                Ofc you are prohibited to adopt it

Comment

Originally posted by laurentius
                  I have friends

so how do you name them ?
                  veni vidi PWNED!

Comment

captain is the only name i use for something...you figure out what is is.
                    Bunnies!
                    Welcome to the DBTSverse!
                    God, Allah, boedha, siva, the stars, tealeaves and the palm of you hand. If you are so desperately looking for something to believe in GO FIND A MIRROR
                    'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us

Comment

Have you considered to introduce your named underwear to your girlfriends? I can imagine a girl getting all hot and wet after having been acquainted with The Grey or Banana Split.

Comment

I name computers . Usually those are mythology-related names I give, especially Egyptian - call the server Ra, and the workstations Osiris, Nephtys, Anubis, Ptah, and so on. Or if I'm feeling stupid, just series of absurdly related names, like Lupata, Slota and Puteklis (cleaning rag, brush and dust).
                        Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                        I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

well okay I admit it I name my HD partitions...

C=Parthenios
                          D=Akheron
                          E=Heptaporos
                          F=Tachyon
                          G=Gargathia
                          H=Music & Ebooks
                          I=Movies

and my laptops "hyperion" the others include "vangelis" etc
                          Que l’Univers n’est qu’un défaut dans la pureté de Non-être.

- Paul Valery

Comment

Ah yes, computers. I used to do so in the 80's, 90's and gave them female names. I stopped to do so, after my wife asked me, who the heck Sally is and not believed my answer.

Comment

Hehehe... I still do it.

Desktop = Phoebe
                              Laptop = Piper
                              Dad's desktop = Paige
                              Old computer, not used anymore = Prue

Comment

Working...
                              X