I did something VERY stupid today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I did something VERY stupid today

As I was walking into the thug McDonalds in downtown Ft. Lauderdale, this black kid blew cigarette smoke in my face. At first, I didn't think anything of it, then I was like, that's ****in' rude, and I stared at him all the way into the store. I had half a mind to walk out and confront him, but I reminded myself that going to jail for assault and battery over one puff of smoke isn't a good trade. I went to the bathroom, and on my way out, the kid came in so I said something.

"You always blow smoke in people's faces, punk."

"I didn't try to."

"Next time, try apologizing."

As I went to get my food, he takes his shirt off and walks out the store saying something like, "I don't need to take this ****."

Stupid, stupid, stupid. I know damn well there are thugs all over the place at this corner, though for the life of me, I don't know why.

He goes and says something to another guy, and then another, and the next thing I know, the three of them walk into the store, the biggest guy (who was all fat), is saying I called his "little brother" a ****** and startin' ****.

I don't bother to stand. I know that standing will escalate the situation, and I'm in a bad spot with no way out and not much room to move.

I'm like, "The hell I did, I told him to apologize for blowin' smoke in my face." The kid is standing there grinning, like I'm gonna get a beat down, though I figure I can take two of them, even if my martial arts are a little rusty.

At this point, the staff is just staring, and the managers come from behind the counter . . . and stand there. They do nothing. they say nothing.

Fat boy says I'm lucky he don't spill my guts. And still the silence from the management. They aren't even calling the police.

I say, "I called him 'a punk,'" which of course means something different in thug vernacluar (it means someone who takes it up the ass). He chews his lip for a second, sees that he's not scaring me, slaps my Cubs cap and walks out agains saying something about me calling his little brother a ******, at which point I say,

"My wife's black. I don't use that language."

They stand outside for another ten fifteen minutes, while the Micky Dee's management still does nothing. So I'm stuck at the store for about an hour and a half until I'm sure they're gone. I saw one of them slinking around across the street about a half hour after they'd disappeared, and the two girls that were with them kept popping back in at irregular intervals.

Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

In case anyone's wondering, the plane did not crash on my side of town. Ft. Lauderdale has two airports. The DC-3 crashed at the other one.
    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Nice save.

Dont be so stupid next time.

Comment

Were you wearing your anarcist regailia?
        Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
        1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

... the management did nothing during that whole time?

Wow. Way to stick up for their customers.
          B♭3

Comment

Originally posted by Q Cubed

Men of character, most managers (people) are not.

Comment

Looks like you avoided a really bad confrontation. Why do you go to McD's in the first place, and why do you go to thugs' areas?
              "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
              "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
              "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

sure would have been nice to have the police around harrassing you this time, wouldn't it.

Comment

Originally posted by Q Cubed

They probably see ALMOST confrontations every day. Its not idea but they probably only call the police if some punches are thrown. The manager could have interjected himself there though
                  You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Looks like you avoided a really bad confrontation. Why do you go to McD's in the first place, and why do you go to thugs' areas?
                    1) McDonald's is an easy cheap way to fill up. Sure, it's not real food, but it can hold you through until you get some...

2) Your "thugs' areas" in Europe are called "cities" in the United States.

Chegitz! You're a good man. I would've gotten the assault and battery charge, I ain't patient like that.
                    meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
                      In case anyone's wondering, the plane did not crash on my side of town. Ft. Lauderdale has two airports. The DC-3 crashed at the other one.
                      That sucks. Another one of those beauties gone
                      Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
                      And notifying the next of kin
                      Once again...

Comment

" slaps my Cubs cap"

This, in and of itself, should have shown these people you already have enough problems.
                        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Just to le you in on the score, I was assaulted (threatened), assaulted with a deadly weapon (threatened with being disemboweled, i.e. having my gut cut open), and battered (he hit my cap). Management did nothing.

As for why a thug area? Well, this is just a weird spot in downtown FtL. I think it's because it next to the central terminal for the buses, which I was taking back from a job interview. I was hot and hungry and really thirsity, so I thought I stop in the air conditioning and drink some soda 'till I was cool enough to ride my bike home.

I think maybe I copped an attitude cause I was really confident. I've been all but officially offered a job in Boca Raton (i.e., the owner says he wants to hire me but I should think about it-since he can't pay me what I want salarywise--but it's got full medical!). I spent the whole morning pumping my confidence up, and was in no mood to take any ****.

Comment

OMFG!!!!

You're teh racist!!!!!

(seriously -- glad you did not get hurt)
                            A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Me too. That guy coulda suffocated me just by rolling on top of me, and I'm a big guy.

Comment

Working...
                              X