Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Microsoft hates Freedom and Democracy!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You didnt say "Microsoft should be saluted for its progress of the last 15 years, its not perfect - yadda yadda - or if you did, I missed it.

Alternatively you didnt say "China hates Freedom and Democracy"

For MS you globalize their attitude - for China youre real specific about THIS policy, and put it in the context of (alleged) improvements.

Now thats either deep subtlety, or blatant hypocrisy. Or just a troll.

and im surprised you didnt bite on the personal info I let out.
    "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

• Originally posted by lord of the mark
      You didnt say "Microsoft should be saluted for its progress of the last 15 years, its not perfect - yadda yadda - or if you did, I missed it.
      I didn't say that the Sun goes around the earth either. Your point?

Alternatively you didnt say "China hates Freedom and Democracy"

At numerous points during the thread I have indicated my distaste for this Orwellian policy. But that's not primarily what this thread is about. This thread is about Western corporations colluding in human rights violations. The same goes for Google and Yahoo. I've made that point clear in numerous posts in the thread.

For MS you globalize their attitude - for China youre real specific about THIS policy, and put it in the context of (alleged) improvements.

Where did I globalize Microsoft's attitude? Sure, they suck for a lot of other reasons, but this is specifically about that one issue. Their evilness or lack of it in other respects isn't really relevant to the topic at hand.

Now thats either deep subtlety, or blatant hypocrisy. Or just a troll.

None of the above. Part of the problem with this thread is that people have been "clustering" – assuming a whole host of things that are not implied by the actual things I've written. For example, someone accused me of not boycotting Google, when I haven't advocated a boycott of anyone IIRC.

and im surprised you didnt bite on the personal info I let out.
      I don't take Straussians seriously. We still have a few at U of T.
      Only feebs vote.

Comment

• "Where did I globalize Microsoft's attitude? "

In the post title? Cmon, MS hasnt done anything to ADVANCE freedom and democracy? selling software that IS used to democratize communication? Etc? Sure, whatever they do in that way is probably done to advance their economic interests - like you think thats not the case for the Chi Com "reformers" when they take their baby steps toward the rule of law, or release a dissident under pressure?
        "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

• In the post title? Cmon, MS hasnt done anything to ADVANCE freedom and democracy? selling software that IS used to democratize communication?

By that logic the inventor of paper loved democracy. Of course, paper can have other uses than printing nice things.
          Only feebs vote.

Comment

• Originally posted by lord of the mark
            "Where did I globalize Microsoft's attitude? "

Sure, whatever they do in that way is probably done to advance their economic interests

I think you have their attitude nailed.
            I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
            - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Working...
            X