X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DRoseDARs

Hmm, that's odd. I'm getting:

Amazon: Guild Wars + Pirates! = $91.48 + $5.97 S&H = $97.45
    Fry's: Guild Wars + Pirates! = $79.76 + $4.83 (Starting price) S&H = $84.59 + Sales tax for Nevada ( )

Perhaps Fry's is charging you (out the ass) a state sales tax as well:
    My numbers was an estimate and yes I live in CA so probably got hit by the sales tax.

The werid thing is that Pirates! supposedly came with free shipping so that means I got charged about 20 bucks for tax on both games and S&H for Guild Wars only.
    Who is Barinthus?

Comment

I thought Amazon was free shipping for orders over $25?
      Visit The Frontier for all your geopolitical, historical, sci-fi, and fantasy forum gaming needs.

Comment

Traidtional stores if you use them frequently, often give discounts in order to keep their regulars happy and coming back. Giving freebies is an old practice, hence the term, Baker's Dozen.
        Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

What's the problem here? If Amazon is costing people more, they won't buy there. I think most people do comparison shopping online and don't stick to one retailer.
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by MrFun
            When I bought books from online, I always did it through amazon.com.

I guess I have to be more weary in the future.

Don't tell me the resident grammar checker made a mistake. Oh the horror.
            Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

Now I need to be banished to Mingapulco for my horrid transgression in mutilating the English language?
              A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Originally posted by Dissident
                I recently bought the game Aracanum over amazon.com. I paid $20 for it.
                It used to be sold for 10€ in some French stores
                "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Originally posted by Barinthus
                  Yeah, Ted. Nearly same thing happened to me today. I wanted to buy two games so I compared prices on Amazon and Frys sites.

I don't remember exact numbers but basically it was like this:

Before S&H:

Amazon - $95
                  Fry's - $70

After S&H

Amazon - $97
                  Fry's - $95

Shipping can suck ass in terms of price. The best part, IMO, of buying at Amazon is if your order is over $25, you get free shipping if you don't mind waiting a day or two more (it never takes the full amount of time they say for Super Saver shipping).
                  “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                  - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Working...
                  X