Bushes tax cut.... now say it with me slowly.... RAISED YOUR TAXES

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bushes tax cut.... now say it with me slowly.... RAISED YOUR TAXES

High tax cuts for the rich meant less money from federal grants to state goverments for state run programs....

Programs(which include things like education!) once started NEVER dissapear so state goverments need to make up the revenue so state goverment and local community goverments.... say it with me.... so they RAISE taxes.... which come out of you wallet, John Q American.

When I try to explain this to people I don't get any sort of rebbutal, I just get a blank stare or "No... that can't be" without any sort of logical rebbutal.

*grummble*

The whole tax cut thing has been a fiasco.

It was based on 10 years of consecutive surpluses...
    We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

HEY who cares? We can spend 275 bil to invade a foreign country for no gain for ourselves!

Why is it that people can not understand the concept that we have to actually generate revenue for all the money we spend?

It does not MATTER how much you want to spend it and how you justify that it is worth while..... we are now tremendously in the hole, even worse then before.

I'd love to see some figures on budget short falls between various presidents, hard to find that info though. I bet Bush might win.

Aren't republicans supposed to be fiscal conservatives? OH that is only with their own money.... not ours, gotcha. We gotta pay this 275 bil back.......

Comment

Vesayen statement is a manifestation of Zkribbler's 1st Law of Taxation:
        The amount of taxation is set by the spending rate, not by the tax rate.
        Deficit budgets do not reduce taxes but merely delay them.

Comment

I'd like to see less Federal taxation for a while and more state taxation. Then us rich states won't have to pay for the poor states.
          Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
            I'd like to see less Federal taxation for a while and more state taxation. Then us rich states won't have to pay for the poor states.
            That's very un-commie of you
            "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
            "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
            "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Che's going through the Change of Life, where Radicalism gives way to Tradition.

Comment

That comes with responsibility... and money.
                Monkey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Spiffor

That's very un-commie of you
                  It's not about economic fairness. It's about red staters opposing everything blue starters stand for, and then making blue starters pay for the red states problems. Blue states = liberal & rich, red state equal conservative & poor.
                  Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

The great paradox of American politics:

If the blue states are rich, and the red states are poor, then why do the politicians the red states support defend the rich's "right" to make the poor poorer?

Things would be so much easier if someone could just provide a rational explanation for that in economic terms (i.e. no mentioning of social issues)...
                    CGN | a bunch of incoherent nonsense
                    Chris Jericho: First-Ever Undisputed Champion of Professional Wrestling & God Incarnate
                    Mystique & Aura: Appearing Nightly @ Yankee Stadium! | Red & Pewter Pride
                    Head Coach/General Manager, Kyrandia Dragonhawks (2004 Apolyton Fantasy Football League Champions)

Comment

hmmm, reismark is back... must be getting close to football season.
                      Monkey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara

It's not about economic fairness. It's about red staters opposing everything blue starters stand for, and then making blue starters pay for the red states problems. Blue states = liberal & rich, red state equal conservative & poor.
                        The red states generally support lower federal tax.
                        I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                        - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Re: Bushes tax cut.... now say it with me slowly.... RAISED YOUR TAXES

Originally posted by Vesayen
                          High tax cuts for the rich meant less money from federal grants to state goverments for state run programs....
                          I didn't know federal grants were cut.

edit: Quick research shows a $10.7 billion decline. That's not anywhere near the federal tax cuts.
                          Last edited by Kidlicious; June 9, 2005, 15:54.

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious

The red states generally support lower federal tax.
                            But the federal tax scheme as a whole results in a net transfer of Blue State money to Red States.
                            "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

Originally posted by Rufus T. Firefly

But the federal tax scheme as a whole results in a net transfer of Blue State money to Red States.
                              Let's just invade their asses.

Comment

Working...
                              X