obession or devotion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• obession or devotion

when does love cross the line between devotion to obsession.................
    Last edited by boann; June 9, 2005, 17:54.
    "If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun." -Katherine Hepburn

don't know

I think maybe when you can't let go of them....

JM
    Jon Miller-
    I AM.CANADIAN
    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

when you let go and there's a bruise...
      Monkey!!!

Comment

When it becomes a problem for object or subject of the love.
        Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

After she says "you're suffocating me," and before she says, "Good bye, cruel world."
          Visit The Frontier for all your geopolitical, historical, sci-fi, and fantasy forum gaming needs.

Comment

Re: obession or devotion

Originally posted by boann
            If "devotion" includes compromising your own fundamental wants and needs and objective well-being, then the line is already somewhere behind you.

Think of it as the Lamborghini auto insurance question - if you have to ask how much the insurance costs, you can't afford the car. In other words, if you're asking where the line is, you're already across it.
            When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

what sort of actions would you think are obsessive?

and no im not in a relationship
              just thinking .....

is writing a letter every day obsessive or is that just devotion....
              is once a week more like friendship?
              how many phone calls cross over the line of interest to something else?

i know the apparent things like everyone else..
              that show obsession or stalking..
              following them , or calling 20 times a day,
              or breaking into someones house..
              those everyone knows cross the line ..
              but what things have happened to you
              that made you feel uncomfortable ?
              Last edited by boann; June 8, 2005, 19:35.

Comment

hmm...

of people I don't live with

I send an email, or call my freinds a couple times a year, unless we are doing something together... (I am mostly considering freinds who I dont' live near here...)

I talk to my siblings a few times a year (anywhere from once to a dozen, depending on the sibling)...

I talk to my mom, somehow almost every week

don't really talk to anyone else, and I am not made to feel uncomfortable by anyone...

Jon Miller
                Jon Miller-
                I AM.CANADIAN
                GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Re: Re: obession or devotion

Originally posted by MichaeltheGreat
                  If "devotion" includes compromising your own fundamental wants and needs and objective well-being, then the line is already somewhere behind you.
                  As if someone had to say that MtG got it right.
                  I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                  - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Re: obession or devotion

Originally posted by boann
                    Maybe when the reciever doesn't want the attention and you keep on ?
                    With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Re: Re: obession or devotion

Originally posted by BlackCat

Maybe when the reciever doesn't want the attention and you keep on ?
                      This reason why this is not a good definition is that a person might be obsessed with a narcissist and they might even crave abuse.

Comment

Re: Re: Re: obession or devotion

Originally posted by Kidicious

This reason why this is not a good definition is that a person might be obsessed with a narcissist and they might even crave abuse.
                        That may be true, but wouldn't it then be prudent to run in the other direction ?
                        With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

"obsession................."

That is an obsessive amount of '.'s. Three is devotion, two a typo and one is an end in itself.
                          Long time member @ Apolyton
                          Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: obession or devotion

Originally posted by BlackCat

That may be true, but wouldn't it then be prudent to run in the other direction ?
                            Yes it would, but obsessed people are ill.

Comment

Originally posted by Lancer
                              "obsession................."

That is an obsessive amount of '.'s. Three is devotion, two a typo and one is an end in itself.
                              what can i say.. i have a thing for dots

Comment

Working...
                              X