No announcement yet.

2nd Annual "I'm too hot, how can I cool down" thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like the humidity. Feels nice against your skin.
    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Hmmm... I have to admit that I'm not impressed by your argument, Jimmy.

High of 93 degrees F, 46% humidity today.

About the same as KH in Baltimore, which is forecast to have a high of 93 degrees F and 43% humidity.
      I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Re: Re: Re: 2nd Annual "I'm too hot, how can I cool down" thread

Originally posted by JimmyCracksCorn

Yes. Because 26C is ****ing hot. I'm not built for this ****. When I was growing up 85F was a big deal and everyone complained and moaned until it went away.

Anything higher than that is for the animals, its inhuman.

But please, if you want to talk about extreme temperatures, you guys would be pissing your pants in terror when it gets to -40C without the windchill up here in the winter.
        In winter you can laugh at us, until then:

ACK!
        Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Re: Re: Re: 2nd Annual "I'm too hot, how can I cool down" thread

Originally posted by JimmyCracksCorn
          But please, if you want to talk about extreme temperatures, you guys would be pissing your pants in terror when it gets to -40C without the windchill up here in the winter.
          I've faced that, though it was with wind chill. Here's the thing. Humans are tropical animals. We aren't made to live in the frozen north.

I should note, that 20% of Canadian visit Florida every year, and 1 out of 13 live here yearround, so heat and humidity can't be all that bad.
          Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

illegal immigrants are killed every day out here. You don't see that back in humid areas.
            Dissident, please enlighten me on what foreign countries border Florida, South Carolina, Mississippi, and Virginia.
            meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

Georgia?

Comment

Monkey!!!

Comment

Drink water, lots of it. Don't use anti-perspirant, use single-action deodourant instead... and let your body regulate itself until you get used to the heat.
                  "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
                  "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

Comment

Originally posted by DanS
                    Hmmm... I have to admit that I'm not impressed by your argument, Jimmy.

High of 93 degrees F, 46% humidity today.

About the same as KH in Baltimore, which is forecast to have a high of 93 degrees F and 43% humidity.
                    It was about 65F outside today and I found it mildly uncomfortable in sunnier spots.

This is how tolderant I have become to heat.

And by the way, KH has an A/C. Even if you don't use it, knowing that its there is a kind of psychological weapon against the heat.

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: 2nd Annual "I'm too hot, how can I cool down" thread

Originally posted by chegitz guevara

I should note, that 20% of Canadian visit Florida every year, and 1 out of 13 live here yearround
                      I'm afraid I'm going to have to call complete and utter horse**** on those stats.
                      "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
                      "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
                      "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

State of Florida estimates that 1.7 million Canadians visited in 2003. That's 5% of all Canadians.

Che probably got his fraction backwards - he might have heard "1 in 20" and thought he heard 20%. Or maybe he's just full of ****. You make the call!

Cite: http://www.news-press.com/apps/pbcs....09/1075/NEWS01

Comment

I've faced that, though it was with wind chill. Here's the thing. Humans are tropical animals. We aren't made to live in the frozen north
                          White people are.
                          12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                          Stadtluft Macht Frei
                          Killing it is the new killing it
                          Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

I have no clue where he gets the "1 in 13 live here year round". The state of Florida also estimates about 219,000 person-visits of Canadian "snowbirds", which are people that spend all or part of winter down south. Of that, about 20% stay 91 days or more. That would be about 1 in 700 Canadians that spend a few months there, of which a much smaller subset would live there year round.

So, I'll go with full of ****.

Edit - got my math wrong. It's only one in 700, not 1 in 100.
                            Last edited by Kontiki; June 9, 2005, 09:11.
                            "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
                            "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
                            "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

I should note, that 20% of Canadian visit Florida every year, and 1 out of 13 live here yearround, so heat and humidity can't be all that bad.
                              There's inflated self-importance if I've ever seen it. There's no way it's that high.

All I know is lots of old folks go there, because it's a terrible state with nothing to do.
                              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                              Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 2nd Annual "I'm too hot, how can I cool down" thread

Originally posted by Asher

There's inflated self-importance if I've ever seen it. There's no way it's that high.

All I know is lots of old folks go there, because it's a terrible state with nothing to do.
                                In Florida's defense, there's alot to see and do beyond the tourist traps. Its actually a beautiful state with lots of history.

But as for Che's comments, I don't care. I'm only a naturalized Canadian anyways, not by birth. I still say 20C+ temperatures are barbaric.

Comment

Working...
                                X