Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

26°C with 100% humidity is hot.
    No it isn't.

I grew up in Alaska, when I left there it was -20f. Its 80-90f here in NM and it hardly bothers me.

Im better than you!

It supposed to get up to 86f with 33% humidity.
    Space, stop gloating. You have no humidity. If you moved anywhere other than another damn desert you'd be screaming for mercy.
    meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

Space, stop gloating. You have no humidity. If you moved anywhere other than another damn desert you'd be screaming for mercy

I know

Comment

Originally posted by mrmitchell
        78F is supposed to be what you set your air conditioning to in the summer, IIRC. If you're sweating and it is 78F, I would call a doctor.
        Well then it must be an epidemic because everyone I know is dying in this heat.

I grew up in Alaska, when I left there it was -20f. Its 80-90f here in NM and it hardly bothers me.
        Whatever, NM has around 20% humidity, whereas in Ottawa its currently around 60% and getting higher.

One thing we have in China is a bamboo mat. Just put that on top of your bed sheet - it is better at drawing away your body heat. Check at your local Chinatown. But get one made from bamboo and not that other stuff (some sort of grass I gather).
        Awesome, I'll have to check that out.

Comment

Re: 2nd Annual "I'm too hot, how can I cool down" thread

Originally posted by JimmyCracksCorn
          Well, its summer again and I'm roasting.

I'm sitting here sweating bullets as I type. Environment Canada tells me its 26C, which comes to about 78F. I thought I'd get that out of the way first. Now let me say that I don't care if you Texans or you Californians don't think thats hot. I grew up in New England and I live in Eastern Ontario, so its ****ing roasting for me. As far as I'm concerned anything above 20C is inhuman.
          27 as I write this. Probably more since I am in the central city. I go to one of the air conditioned wireless nodes at varsity. It is very nice. I am drinking hot coffee as I type.
          Only feebs vote.

Comment

Bath Tub filled with water = Heat Sink
            Monkey!!!

Comment

Interesting... it's 80 degrees with close to 100% humidity in Atlanta. Not too bad. I'm still wearing jeans and all. We usually use the A/C to keep cool down here, so I'm not sure what I cal tell you about non A/C cooling.

Get a big ass fan .
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

We don't have A/C

My wife is 7 mos pregers

Summers can get into the 100s around here

I think I'm forking out for an A/C
                Monkey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mrmitchell

No it isn't.

Space, stop gloating. You have no humidity. If you moved anywhere other than another damn desert you'd be screaming for mercy.
                  please. . I have lived in Florida, South Carolina, Mississippi, and Virginia, and they are no hotter than Las Vegas. If you do anything in direct sunlight here, you will sweat just as much as you do in Mississippi. You just don't feel it as much because it evaporates so quickly. But your shirt will still be soaked with sweat.

I get tired of people whining about the humidity. It's not that bad. I come from the desert, and I had no problem. And I did basic training in a high humid area (Florida).

It just amazed me people don't think it gets hot in the desert.

illegal immigrants are killed every day out here. You don't see that back in humid areas.

Comment

Another entry in "backwards Americans do strange things".

Why do you persist with Fahrenheit and Imperial measurements? It's the 21st century for God's sake.
                    Only feebs vote.

Comment

Celcius is the one that is backwords.

there's too great a jump in between integers, resulting in the need to use decimals to represent the temperature more accurately.

Comment

Originally posted by Agathon
                        Another entry in "backwards Americans do strange things".

Why do you persist with Fahrenheit and Imperial measurements? It's the 21st century for God's sake.
                        Yeah, the empire hardly use imperial measurements now
                        Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

I think Fahrenheit makes sense for hot temperatures and Celcius for cold.

Like, 45C is very hot, but it doesn't make intuitive sense that it would be. 100F on the other hand seems like a very hot number.

And with cold temps, 30 or 40F is too high to seem cold. Whereas -20 looks like a very cold number.

Thats my take. Although personally I prefer to use Celcius for everything.

Comment

I think Fahrenheit makes sense for hot temperatures and Celcius for cold.

Like, 45C is very hot, but it doesn't make intuitive sense that it would be. 100F on the other hand seems like a very hot number.

And with cold temps, 30 or 40F is too high to seem cold. Whereas -20 looks like a very cold number.

Thats my take. Although personally I prefer to use Celcius for everything.
                            I've never read such bullcrap 100 is still hot on any scale, except on one it is hot enough to boil water
                            Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Re: Re: Re: 2nd Annual "I'm too hot, how can I cool down" thread

Originally posted by Asher

26°C with 100% humidity is hot.

It'll be 30°C with 100% humidity here today.
                              Too right. Ottawa gets stinking humid this time of year.

I keep the blinds and windows closed during the day, and at night open up the windows and set the fan to full blast. If it's really bad I'll take a cold shower for as long as I can stand it, that and lots of water.

(and I still suffer when I'm working midnights and trying to sleep during the day)
                              Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
                              I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

Re: 2nd Annual "I'm too hot, how can I cool down" thread

Well, its summer again and I'm roasting.

I'm sitting here sweating bullets as I type. Environment Canada tells me its 26C
                                Pfft. It was 32C and 60% humidity here today. Haven't even plugged in my AC yet.

Not like I'm built for this weather either.
                                12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                                Stadtluft Macht Frei
                                Killing it is the new killing it
                                Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Working...
                                X