Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What would you save from our civilization?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What would you save from our civilization?

I thought this might be a good place to ask this question:

If you knew the Earth and mankind were about to vanish, and the only thing left would be ten sheets of paper, what would you write down?

I was thinking I would write down some basic mathematics and geometry information etc.

The idea is that these pages would be the legacy of mankind.

Comment

The US Constitution (including the Bill of Rights) is it could fit. How big are the sheets of paper? Can we use both sides?
      Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
      1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Nuclear
        Dancing is fun, but he is a settler and not a chieftian. I learn from my mistakes.
        1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

Originally posted by Donegeal

Dancing is fun, but he is a settler and not a chieftian. I learn from my mistakes.
          Actually settler << chieftain, still you're right the dancing gets old

Comment

The Declaration of Independence

The United States Constitution

Abraham Lincoln's First Inaugural speech

Abraham Lincoln's Second Inaugural speech

Abraham Lincoln's Gettysburg Address
            A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

He's been around since Dec2001, so he doesn't necessarily qualify for the honor.
              The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

Originally posted by Nacht

... the dancing gets old
                Unwashed heathen
                The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

Originally posted by Nacht

Actually settler << chieftain, still you're right the dancing gets old
                  Really? I don't know anymore. It was so long ago for me...

Comment

It was a long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away . . . . . .

Comment

Ah, no. I was living down the street at that time...

Comment

you lie -- reveal your true self

Comment

Thanks for the dancing

I guess the pages are standard letter size and only on one side And no microprint!

The idea of recording the foundation of U.S. government is interesting. I would also certainly rank it as a significant human achievment. I would tend to choose something more representative of all mankind.

Comment

What do the dancing smileys mean, anyway? Educate this unwashed exile.

EDIT: I also want to ask why my profile is not recording any of the posts I have made?
                            Visit The Frontier for all your geopolitical, historical, sci-fi, and fantasy forum gaming needs.

Comment

Originally posted by Humboldt
                              Thanks for the dancing

I guess the pages are standard letter size and only on one side And no microprint!

The idea of recording the foundation of U.S. government is interesting. I would also certainly rank it as a significant human achievment. I would tend to choose something more representative of all mankind.

What United States accomplished in its history with the American Revolution and the Civil War are both potentially representative of all humanity in terms of liberty and equality.

Comment

Working...
                              X