Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Catastrophe, My life is in ruins, Help!

My Love of my Life and Boyfriend of 5 years has been thrown in jail for 2 accounts of felony larceny from his employer, 1 for 2thousand something another for 5hundred something

He didn't do it, but unfortunately his undocumented anxiety disorder allowed the police to coerce him into sign a written confession. They told him they had video evidence (which they didn't show to him) that fingered him, he was afraid that they might try to concoct more evidence, and they said if he signed the confession he'd get a lesser sentence.

He was pleading not guilty, last I heard, but I haven't heard anything more today... this all happened yesterday afternoon .

I couldn't get him bail (set at 4000 dollars) or even a bailbondsmen (600 dollars).. so he is stuck there until his dirt poor family can use the deed to their house to get him out on bail.

I don't know if any of you lawyers here can help me out with some information. What do you think will happen, whats the max sentence, please god tell me no jail time?

We Live in Asheville North Carolina, Buncombe County, he has been arrested and is in Hendersonville (Henderson County) North Carolina Detention facility.

I haven't heard anything today, not a damn thing....... I'm so stressed and worried.

I live on disability, and I am dependent on him for financial reasons as well as more importantly and desperatly for emotional ones...

Those who can't help, pray or wish or whatever it may be that things get better for him and me......

I don't know what to do..............
    "Our words are backed with NUCLEAR WEAPONS!"​​

Good God. Are you really on disability? That's almost enough to make me feel sorry for all those years of poking fun at you. But not quite.

Anyway, good luck.
    The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

Im sorry but I cant see anyone, even someone with an anxiety disorder, signing a written confession if they didnt do it. And furthermore he should have envoked his right to counsel before talking with anyone.

OTOH If he didnt do then I wish him the best of luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Space05us
        Im sorry but I cant see anyone, even someone with an anxiety disorder, signing a written confession if they didnt do it.
        Yes, but you're an idiot.
        Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

I know someone with anxiety disorder. He easily freaks out... Hell, if he's having a haircut, he sweats bullets... I can't imagine him being interogated by cops
          Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

edit: I better not even use that abbreviation. I've got in trouble (warnings/bannings) for not believing thorn's threads before. My official response is: No comment.
            Last edited by Dis; June 2, 2005, 16:37.

Comment

The simple solution, Thorn, is to get a gun, hold down the trigger, and go wild. Then, if a USAF bomb doesn't drop on you, go and try that at the police station.
              B♭3

Comment

that sucks, getting caught for stealing $2500... probably wishes he had stolen more.
                Monkey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Space05us
                  Im sorry but I cant see anyone, even someone with an anxiety disorder, signing a written confession if they didnt do it.
                  It happens all the time. Ever heard of the Birmingham 6 or the Guildford 4? Or seen "In the name of the father"?
                  The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

Under the right conditions, not only can a normal person be made to confess to something they didn't do, they can be made to believe it.

Thorn should also consider the possibility he's been lied to by his partner, however.
                    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Or seen "In the name of the father"?
                      fake holywood story
                      Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                      Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                      giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Thorn should also consider the possibility he's been lied to by his partner, however.
                        it's not that i dont love you anymore, it's just that i'm in jail for murder and i'll never be out. so just forget about me. and no visits. ever.
                        Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                        Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                        giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

I bet he did it, but he isn't telling you. That's why he signed the confessionm and he's making up this story to try and convince you that he didn't. What kind of disability you have? Workophobia?
                          -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

Catastrophe, My life is in ruins, Help!

And what's that about?! Your life isn't ruined. His is. You just collateral damage. Dont depend on people and when they crash, you dont go down with them.

"Catastrophe, My life is in ruins, Help!" sounds pretty eggotistical to me....
                            -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazarus and the Gimp
                              Good God. Are you really on disability? .
                              Not proper disability.

Comment

Working...
                              X