What is Splenda Anyway?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Az
    I knew that, and that wasn't my question. I am working with carbohydrates at the lab now.
    OK. I didn't know if you knew the English word for it.

Comment

Not a problem.
      urgh.NSFW

Comment

Splenda

I quite like the Diet Coke with Splenda. It's pretty tasty. The best artificial sweetner, IMO.
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Splenda has the least aftertaste for me. It's actually why I can't drink most diet sodas--aspartame and saccharin both have a strong bitter taste for me, rather than sweet.
          B♭3

Comment

Why do you guys even consume sugar free/reduced foods?

Comment

Sugar = carbs
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

carbs = fat

fat = no chicks jumping your bones
                Monkey!!!

Comment

No. Carbs doesn't mean fat. In fact you need carbs. Japher!!!!!!!
                  In da butt.
                  "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                  THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                  "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

I gots too many carbs that I never burn fat.
                    Monkey!!!

Comment

Well there are different kind of carbs (fast and slow) and you don't want to ... well.. let's put it at this way: you need carbs, but you need them in right percentage vs. fat and protein, and considering how much you need them all together but you need them daily if you want to keep healthy diet, this means even, and ESPECIALLY if you want to lose weight.

But if you munch white bread all day long, well that's not good .

But people who think eating as less as possible, cutting on fat, carbs and protein.. man they're just asking to destroy their bodies in the long run. Not to mention be unsuccesful in their diets.
                      In da butt.
                      "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                      THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                      "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Mmmmmm... candy. Tastes like corn because it's made from corn!

Comment

Originally posted by Space05us
                          Why do you guys even consume sugar free/reduced foods?
                          Because sugar is bad for you?
                          Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Actually, sugar is very, very good for you

Comment

Everything in moderation.

A chlorinated disaccharide...interesting...it lends from pharmacological thinking - an analogue that will bind to the appropriate receptor for 'sweetness' (don't know anything about the receptor mind you) but I presume is unable to bind to sucrase (pancreatic enzyme, breaks sucrose to fructose and glucose which are readily absorbed into the body).
                              Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Az

Aha! niiiiice. Yeah, it should be pretty close for the receptor. Don't see why wouldn't the enzyme break it up, though.
                                Big ol' nasty chlorines getting in the way I imagine. Receptors a bit less picky about how exact the match is than enzymes.
                                Exult in your existence, because that very process has blundered unwittingly on its own negation. Only a small, local negation, to be sure: only one species, and only a minority of that species; but there lies hope. [...] Stand tall, Bipedal Ape. The shark may outswim you, the cheetah outrun you, the swift outfly you, the capuchin outclimb you, the elephant outpower you, the redwood outlast you. But you have the biggest gifts of all: the gift of understanding the ruthlessly cruel process that gave us all existence [and the] gift of revulsion against its implications.
                                -Richard Dawkins

Comment

Working...
                                X