No announcement yet.

What is Splenda Anyway?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very likely, after all those receptors work with quite a few different saccharide configurations so it must be able to squeeze in there...
    Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

I'm diggin the splenda diet coke.

Comment

I hate "diet" Soda. If you want Soda, drink the original, then walk around to burn it off.

BUnch of wimps and their fake soda's.
        If you don't like reality, change it! me
        "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
        "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
        "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

The reason Splenda has a bit of an after taste is partly the same reason that Equal and Sweet n'Low have aftertastes, maltodextrin, another sugar that is added to bulk up these super sweet sweeteners, so people don't dump too much in their products.
          Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by GePap
            I hate "diet" Soda. If you want Soda, drink the original, then walk around to burn it off.

BUnch of wimps and their fake soda's.
            I used to drink a 20 oz bottle of regular Mountain Dew whenever I wanted a soda.

But a year ago, I switched to Diet Mountain Dew and was surprised with how well it tasted -- for a diet soda. Iin small ways, I'm trying to find ways to lower my sugar intake with snacks and beverages so that I won't have a bulge by the time I hit my mid to late 30s.
            A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

I miss saccharin.

Tab
              "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

Splenda is the only "artificial" ingredient I actually trust.

It tastes EXACTLY like cane sugar, there is no difference.

Although, I believe even though your body doesn't break it down to use as energy, it can affect fungus (like athelete's foot) growth the same way eating alot of sugar or starch does.
                We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Big ol' nasty chlorines getting in the way I imagine. Receptors a bit less picky about how exact the match is than enzymes.

I am about to start writing a paper on catalytic anti-bodies. We have to make this stuff called a TSA, or a molecule that would immitate a transition state, so that an antibody would stabilize the transition state. Chlorines are usually used for carbonyl or sulfonyl groups, from what I've seen, but I think that it would do for a -OH group as well.

Too bad you couldn't place an amine group, wrong pKa ( it would get protonated, and stuff, probably) . OTOH, it would probably be digested by enzymes, for being too close.
                  urgh.NSFW

Comment

Shut up. I'm on the final leg of my examinations and have been reading and writing about biochemistry and organic mechanisms for the last month. I never want to hear about a chemicals again until next September
                    Exult in your existence, because that very process has blundered unwittingly on its own negation. Only a small, local negation, to be sure: only one species, and only a minority of that species; but there lies hope. [...] Stand tall, Bipedal Ape. The shark may outswim you, the cheetah outrun you, the swift outfly you, the capuchin outclimb you, the elephant outpower you, the redwood outlast you. But you have the biggest gifts of all: the gift of understanding the ruthlessly cruel process that gave us all existence [and the] gift of revulsion against its implications.
                    -Richard Dawkins

Comment

Sodium
                      (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                      (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                      (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Single Electron Transfer.
                        urgh.NSFW

Comment

sodium
                          Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

I hope you all drink barium.
                            Exult in your existence, because that very process has blundered unwittingly on its own negation. Only a small, local negation, to be sure: only one species, and only a minority of that species; but there lies hope. [...] Stand tall, Bipedal Ape. The shark may outswim you, the cheetah outrun you, the swift outfly you, the capuchin outclimb you, the elephant outpower you, the redwood outlast you. But you have the biggest gifts of all: the gift of understanding the ruthlessly cruel process that gave us all existence [and the] gift of revulsion against its implications.
                            -Richard Dawkins

Comment

how do you drink a solid?
                              urgh.NSFW

Comment

The melting point of Barium is 725 C... I think that is why SCs comment was an insult.
                                Monkey!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X