No announcement yet.

What is Splenda Anyway?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know! I left my O Chem book at home!

Monkey!!!

Comment

Well, if we suppose that this is an Sn1 ( unimolecular nucleophilic substitution):
      -the reaction will occur on terttiary and secondary carbons.
      -stereochemistry: the chirality of the carbon will be lost
      -Polar, protic solvents are preferred.

if we suppose that this is an Sn2 rxn:

- the reaction will occur on secondary and primary carbons.
      -stereochemistry: the chirality will be reversed.
      -polar, non-protic solvents are preferred.
      urgh.NSFW

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
        Actually, sugar is very, very good for you
        I know some diabetics who might disagree...
        Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

I remember!

R1: A + BC -> AC + B
          R2: AB + CD -> AC + BD

easy, no big words or nuthin
          Monkey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by GePap
            I hate "diet" Soda. If you want Soda, drink the original, then walk around to burn it off.

BUnch of wimps and their fake soda's.
            have you ever heard of tooth decay? sugar is more harmful than just calories.

Comment

Originally posted by Dissident

have you ever heard of tooth decay? sugar is more harmful than just calories.
              Have you ever heard of not drinking soda? Water is more healthy than soda.

Comment

Diet soda isn't harmful.
                Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
                  Diet soda isn't harmful.
                  Its also not as healthy as water.

edit: Also there are no conclusive studies that say wether or not artificial sweetners are harmful.

Comment

If it isn't harmful, then it's as healthy as water. It contains the exact same nutrition that water contains.
                    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

If it isn't harmful, then it's as healthy as water. It contains the exact same nutrition that water contains.
                      No.

Comment

Well, the truth is that It still has stuff to process, unlike water, so better drink water.

Water.
                        urgh.NSFW

Comment

Something Ive always wondered. If you drink an 8oz glass of water and an 8oz glass of juice/soda/any non-caf liquid does your body absorb the water the same way? Does it absorb as much when you drink the juice?

Comment

Originally posted by Space05us

Have you ever heard of not drinking soda? Water is more healthy than soda.
                            I don't drink soda actually. I'm sure I mentioned many times at poly how I quit drinking soda, reduced my calorie intake and lost 50 pounds. Unfortunately I gained 13 pounds back when I switched jobs . I'm stabilized now though. I still drink real fruit juices such as orange juice and grapefruit juice. But I only drink those with one meal so I don't take in too many calories. I drink water with all my othe rmeals.

Comment

you mean it's h20?

should I remind people of the studies showing saccharin and cancer in rats? Sure it hasn't been shown in humans, but we don't know everything about these chemical compounds yet. We don't know if they pass through the body harmlessly.

Comment

should I remind people of the studies showing saccharin and cancer in rats?

I just read an article about that, but I need to go to work so I cant post it. Needless to say that study was the equivilant of a human consuming thousands of times more arty sweetner on a daily basis then they already do.

Comment

Working...
                                X