Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooo . . . . . . Not games !!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought you already did. Did you leave China?
    KH FOR OWNER!
    ASHER FOR CEO!!
    GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Still here. That's why I said 'else.'
      “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
      "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by DaShi

Who else wants to live in UR's world of no new ideas?
        Ummm . . . . . . . The game industry has been like that for some time now .

Comment

I mean in regards to everything.
          “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
          "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Who else wants to live in UR's world of no new ideas?
            Name one "new" idea. Go ahead.
            (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
            (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
            (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

I mean in regards to everything.
              Which, of course, was not what I wrote that you quoted.
              (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
              (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
              (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

UR, right but I think I called his colours right anyway, judging by his tone. His answer most likely is it can't work either, where as I think it can work, and it IS working in many areas. Maybe this isn't one of them though.

If you make a statement that free market's idea is to hog all the small ones and throw them in trash bin so that the big players don't have to worry and they can use their monopoly status to benefit them even more... well that's wrong. That's not the idea. And that's not how it necessarily goes, and that's not how it goes every time. Sometimes it goes that way because there are folks being unethical, and even illegal.
                In da butt.
                "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka
                  Sometimes it goes that way because there are folks being unethical, and even illegal.
                  Interesting. So trying to avoid competition is unethical. That pretty much sums up Corporate America even though I would say they are unethical besides that.
                  I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                  - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

No. It depends what measures are taken to avoid competition. if those measures can be seen as unethical, then that act is unethical. And many times unethical means borderline illegal, but you can get away with it.
                    In da butt.
                    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

No. It depends what measures are taken to avoid competition. if those measures can be seen as unethical, then that act is unethical. And many times unethical means borderline illegal, but you can get away with it.
                      Which steps are unethical an which are ethical? And how can they be different if the results are the same?

edit: sorry about all the errors. I just woke up.

Comment

You are asking questions that I have no will to put effort in answering. YOu can read up business ethics or such, I'm sure they list all kinds of things. Just because you have difficulties of understanding how competition works and how the rules go, as far as how it's supposed to work since there are always those who don't follow the rules, well basically it's your problem. Go read.

start there.
                        In da butt.

Comment

You are asking questions that I have no will to put effort in answering. YOu can read up business ethics or such, I'm sure they list all kinds of things. Just because you have difficulties of understanding how competition works and how the rules go, as far as how it's supposed to work since there are always those who don't follow the rules, well basically it's your problem. Go read.

start there.
                          Excuse me, but I'm a business major. We do a unit on ethics on every freaking class I take. I know what is considered ethical. I'm just wondering what you consider ethical. If you can't say then I am suspicious.

Comment

Business major and a commie?

Anyway, no I'm not interested in talking about that. I didn't come here to defend capitalism. I came here to talk about gaming and patenting concepts.
                            In da butt.

Comment

Business major and a commie?

Anyway, no I'm not interested in talking about that. I didn't come here to defend capitalism. I came here to talk about gaming and patenting concepts.
                              We are talking about patenting. That's one way that corporations get monopoly power. Corporations spend lots of money on legal departments for this purpose. Are you saying that's unethical? What about all the other things they do to avoid competition? What's the difference?

Comment

Do you have difficulties understanding that I have no desire to debate about avoiding competition in capitalist system. I guess you do. Go find yourself another victim you can bore to death.
                                In da butt.

Comment

Working...
                                X