Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you tell if a girl is interested in you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Japher
    Maybe if you faked an American accent... or an asian accent!
    Rich should stick to his British accent:

Freakishly I received the dilbert comic independent of seeing Japhers above post.
    One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

• "I've already mentioned numerous times about the paralysing anxiety."

Hang in there Rich, you're a great guy. I always read your posts because they are so interesting and insightful.

Really I look up to you and wish I were as cool as you. Sounds wierd but it's true. I know I'm kind of a dufus...and that you're not one at all. Here's to you, Rich.
      Long time member @ Apolyton
      Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

• Oh please...

Well I've been slowly resolving various aspects of my life...my professional one has had somewhat of a renaissance and now have a career that is moving at quite some speed, as well as the staggering increase my income has seen too. But this one is still an enigma to me. I don't generally talk about it nowadays but seeing Diss's plight gets you thinking about it all. I certainly don't get particularly depressed about it like I would have done a few years ago...it's there and I acknowledge it but it certainly doesn't befoul my life, which is pretty good! I know I need to get out more but I am also a busy man too...and certainly get out more than I used to.

But I need to have something that actually works both ways for once. I get women who fancy me, and women I fancy but never the two coalesce which is pretty irritating to say the least...
        Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

• Luck of the draw tbh.. I only got my first serious relationship when I was 25. I had my share of flings and stuff before but nothing where I truly sparked. Then I met my current gf and she's probably the one (20months later).

Maybe you should practise on the women that fancy you but you don't really fancy.. at the very least it's a confidence boost.

Comment

• There are usually pretty good reasons, unfortunately, why I don't fancy them...
            Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

• True.. but as any attached man will tell you. Once you're attached single available women start throwning themselves at you. Then you will have more choice

(and nothing 10 pints won't solve)

Comment

• Oh trust me, even rohypnol couldn't solve some of these...if only someone who was remotely attractive was interested I might be willing to give it a go...
                Speaking of Erith:

Comment

• Originally posted by Provost Harrison

You do realise how many times I've heard that, and every time I hear it it sounds even more trite and ridiculous than before. It's the ultimate cliche to someone in my position, like, 'you'll meet someone when you least expect it'...bah!
                  I have to agree with you.

I don't want to be a negative person. But all you have to do is look around you. There are lots of people with no one else. Though most of them are weirdos. . Am I a weirdo? A lot of people say I am. I guess I am. But I'm not nearly as crazy as some people I see. Just the other day there was this woman who was acting real strangely while playing a slot machine. She kept saying she had to go to work, and seemed to be in a real hurry. Maybe she's just an addicted gambler. Women like that don't have husbands or boyfriends. She was a crackpot. The scary thing is, I doubt she would be interested in me. Not that I was interested in her. She was older- maybe late 40's, and as I said- looney.

Comment

• Originally posted by Japher
                    or dumb enough to be interested in any man
                    the question is. where do you find dumb desparate women?

Comment

I've already mentioned numerous times about the paralysing anxiety. It's not like it is just being 'a bit nervous' about it like other people, this stops me in my tracks. It just makes me feel very self-conscious and just utterly undesirable.

In some ways late 20s is just 'barely starting', in this respect, it's a world of difference...
                      have you tried anti anxiety medications?

I've always wondered about them. But I seriously doubt a pill could cure all the things wrong with me. I don't really have the money anyways. Though if they worked, I'd gladly take them.

Comment

Oh please...

Well I've been slowly resolving various aspects of my life...my professional one has had somewhat of a renaissance and now have a career that is moving at quite some speed, as well as the staggering increase my income has seen too. But this one is still an enigma to me. I don't generally talk about it nowadays but seeing Diss's plight gets you thinking about it all. I certainly don't get particularly depressed about it like I would have done a few years ago...it's there and I acknowledge it but it certainly doesn't befoul my life, which is pretty good! I know I need to get out more but I am also a busy man too...and certainly get out more than I used to.

But I need to have something that actually works both ways for once. I get women who fancy me, and women I fancy but never the two coalesce which is pretty irritating to say the least...
                        I really don't get too depressed about not having a girlfriend. The sex really isn't that important.

It's just the fact that I can't get a girlfriend even if I wanted one. That bothers me for some reason.

I think part of it is soceital pressure about what it is to be a man. Basically men who can't get women are made to feel like less of a man. sometimes I just don't feel like a real man because I can't get any. But for most of my waking hours, not having a girlfriend doesn't bother me. It only bothers me when I'm horny, and sometimes when I'm out in public and I see couples together. All other times I'm fine with it.

Comment

• Yeah, that is probably about the extent of it...but I am pretty independent too and sometimes I just think I could not do with the constraint on my life...
                          Speaking of Erith:

Comment

• of course I sound like those women on the Ricki Lake show. "I don't need a man!". But it is true, I don't need a woman. But that doesn't change the fact that I would jump at the chance if a girl asked me out. But for the most part, I just try to avoid thinking about it.

They say ignoring the problem doesn't make it go away. But I find dwelling on the problem depresses me. One of these days I may try to do some cognitive therapy for my anxiety, but right now I'm not interested.

Comment

• I get the feeling I need something similar...I mean why should I be so terrified of the situation?
                              Speaking of Erith:

Comment

• I've heard good things about cognitive therapy. But I think it's similar to quitting smoking. you have to want to make it work.

Comment

Working...
                                X