decorating tips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pekka
    One problem though is that the sun shines right through the whole morning. It's direct. you can't escape it, and it gets horribly hot and uncomfortable. So if I put my bed there, every morning will be torture
    Don't you get up in the morning?
    Visit First Cultural Industries
    There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
    Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

Smiley, no, not at 5AM. It gets up really early in the summer. But please, give your suggestions, I can always use the curtains
      In da butt.
      "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
      THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
      "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Just found this... this is kind of cool, too bad it costs little over 400 euros.. too much for shelves only.. for me that is It's too cool!
        Attached Files
        In da butt.
        "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

In that case, pull bed to the far end of the room away from the window. The space near the window can be your main social space. In the summer, when it gets too hot, go outside.
          There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
          Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

that would work, but how would I separate the bed from the rest of the room?
            In da butt.

Comment

You don't- it's a bed at night, a sofa in the daytime.

Comment

The question isn't so much what to put in....
                ....it's how to keep the cost of quality stuff down.

Check out estate sales and auctions. (You can probably find them advertised in the newspaper.)
                It's cool to buy from dead people. They can't take it with them so they -- or their greedy relative -- sell cheap.

Comment

If you want to make the place look big, use mirrors. The best places to put them is the wall in ET facing the kitchen, and the wall in your living room facing the balcony. Not only mirrors make your place look bigger, they also make it brighter.

A couple of things right off the bat: make the entrance lobby bright, I guess that would be the area marked ET. You could look into LEDs, they are cheap and very energy efficient.

Look for multiple-use items, such as sofa beds. They now have many different multiple-use items out.

One idea may be to section off your living room. Place one of those tall screen things about 1.5m from the corner, and it should be about 1.5m long as well. You can put a big shelf on the living room side, and a sofa (or maybe some bean bags) along the same wall further down (closer to the balcony).
                  (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                  (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                  (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

where did you people go? COME BACK I'm not nearly satisfied yet.

Zkribbler, yeah, I'm looking actions almost daily..there are REAL bargains every now and then.. good stuff for practically free.

UR, actually there is one mirror on the wall, and that's in ET, facing the kitchen .

I have also thought about sectioning the living room with tall screens, because it's got enough room for it, it's kind of narrow room, but long.
                    In da butt.

Comment

where are you going to park the susie q's?

Comment

in the parking lot. The rest of them are in my storage at PWS.
                        In da butt.

Comment

get back you bastards!

I'd like suggestions in forms of pictures. Gimme pics. When you suggest some solution, if you can find a pic of an example, it'll be easier for me to visualize. Otherwise we are just talking about where the sofa goes basically .

I'd like to create an illusion of long space in the living room. It is long in sense of, well being narrow.

So, I'd like it to be kind of social room in a way where it feels long, and there's like .. it's like a lounge in a way, where it's not too anchored being one localized spot. Do you get what I mean guys (and girls)? It's either that, or partitioning the room with screens like suggested OR to create one social area with an exception of kind of isolating the comp desk.

But I'd really like to look iunto the option of making the living room into a long space, where you can have like different sections if you want to. If I put screen in there, it'll basically cut the room in half, where I'd like to create the long room illusion, and cutting in half will make it difficult.
                          In da butt.

Comment

Ok I've found lots of nice stuff in Ikea, maybe I get most of my stuff there.

However, one thing I can't figure otu at all is the lighting. I see lots of cool lights that I could buy, but I have no idea how they work good. Also, suggestions about anything, still VERY welcome.
                            In da butt.

Comment

So, I'd like it to be kind of social room in a way where it feels long, and there's like .. it's like a lounge in a way, where it's not too anchored being one localized spot. Do you get what I mean guys (and girls)?
                              In that case forget about a coffee table or a sofa. Just chuck bean bags around randomly

If you need tables have two or three small ones that can be moved around easily.
                              (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan

Comment

However, one thing I can't figure otu at all is the lighting. I see lots of cool lights that I could buy, but I have no idea how they work good. Also, suggestions about anything, still VERY welcome.
                                What colour is your floor? How tall is the ceiling?

Comment

Working...
                                X