No announcement yet.

Women bosses?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Incidentally, possibly reliable research has found that while men, on average, whine equally much about male and female bosses, women tend to find male bosses less insufferable.
    Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
    The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Well the thread it was in is alive still.
      I'm consitently stupid- Japher
      I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

The only time I ever had problems with a female boss was when I slept with her. Not recommended.
        "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
        "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
        "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

Originally posted by Lancer
          In the Phils we had our going away party on a rocky beach not too far from our house. I picked up a smooth, white, round stone and brought it with me to the US. I carry it in my pocket at work. When I have stress I roll it around in my hand as I walk. When we go back to the Phils I'm going to bring it back to the beach and toss it in the water.

Don't know if that makes any sense.
          Not unless you begin insisting that indeed there was a key, that you would have found it except for your disloyal officers and that you have no knowledge of the mess boys eating strawberries.

Comment

Originally posted by Theben
            Well the thread it was in is alive still.
            I've missed or forgotten that thread.
            Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
            The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Re: Women bosses?

The problem is that other guys that don't do their jobs are treated much better. One guy who has the same job as I do just wanders around the place BSing, and I have his work load too. With him she's all smiles...

Sounds like a bad chemistry thing. The "woman" part enters only insofar as you think of her as "The Woman Boss". That's not a great non-verbal vibe to be giving off.
              Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by Shi Huangdi
                I think the factor explaining why she is an ******* is the "Boss" part, not the "Woman" part. Bosses seem to be *******s more often then not.
                May the Marx be with you.
                urgh.NSFW

Comment

Re: Women bosses?

My boss is a woman. It doesn't seem to be going very well. I do my job, stay attentive to my duties, and she goes out of her way to make sure I know I'm the lowest of the low. Little offhand comments, not replying when I say something... I really don't care about that. The problem is that other guys that don't do their jobs are treated much better. One guy who has the same job as I do just wanders around the place BSing, and I have his work load too. With him she's all smiles...

I've decided to get into my work and try to ignore the situation.

Have any of you had problems with women bosses?
                  You can have problems like these with a male boss too, so I'm not sure what the point is to point out the gender of your boss.
                  A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Yes I've had male bosses that are bad, they tend to get high on themselves. Women bosses tend to get resentful that I won't do them.

Actually I can't figure the problem, which bugs me. Ignoring it works best... Shine her on and go about my business.

"It could be the fact you're noting she's a female boss have something to do with her reaction towards you? Any nonverbal cues you might be throwing off to indicate you disapprove of her (or verbal)?"

Theben, I've been nice, smile when I speak to her, etc. Perhaps it's because Dolores works in the same place and I've found that when white women know I'm married to a Filipina they resent it. Perhaps it seems like rejection to them? Which it is...

"Not unless you begin insisting that indeed there was a key, that you would have found it except for your disloyal officers and that you have no knowledge of the mess boys eating strawberries."

Zkrib, bananas.

Humphrey Bogart as Captain Kane (sp) Caine? Anyway, Capt Caine had metal balls. I think this may have been part of the problem.
                    Long time member @ Apolyton
                    Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Yeah, Capt. Queeg on the U.S.S. Caine.

--But who you trying to kid, Lancer. After you going eyeball-to-eyeball with the Rooskie Army there in the Fulda Gap, we all know you must have BALLS OF STEEL.

Comment

Perhaps it's because Dolores works in the same place and I've found that when white women know I'm married to a Filipina they resent it. Perhaps it seems like rejection to them? Which it is...
                        I would think that most women wouldn't give a rat's ass who you were married to. Although it's possible they might think you got a "mail-order bride"... who knows...
                        I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

"Balls of Steel" The thought of all those Rooskies coming across the border and smashing into a few Cavalry regiments always gave me pause, believe me. Particularly when in the middle of the night the claxon would go off and we would run the tracks to get ammo. What a target.

"I would think that most women wouldn't give a rat's ass who you were married to. Although it's possible they might think you got a "mail-order bride"... who knows..."

I'm here to tell you Theben, women who wouldn't give me the time of day when I was single give me dirty looks when I'm with Dolores. Can't figure women, particularly white women.

Comment

Why do you hate white women so?

Comment

No of course not. Just can't figure them, particularly them. I love women.

Comment

Don't worry. None of us will tell Dolores.

Comment

Working...
                                X