Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whats the point of getting tattoos, body piercings, and wearing your hair strangly...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't hate me because I am right.
    Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

i don't hate you, but you're totally wrong.

a bird wears a mini skirt etc. (as other people have said) because she wants the geezers to look at her. her getting angry because it's some ugly bastard looking, or some dude just having a perv doesn't change that fact.
      "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger

We were just talking about this the other day. Our conclusion is, they only want handsome men (or at least men they don't deem creepy) to look at them intensely.

So, if they think you you are ugly, or look like a creep, or in some other way make their skin crawl, they'll be upset.
        yep, scantily clad women get upset all the time when I look at them.

Comment

The funnier sort are those who suddenly grow 2" taller when they realize you're looking at them.
          Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
          The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Originally posted by Last Conformist
            The funnier sort are those who suddenly grow 2" taller when they realize you're looking at them.
            Men also suddenly stand (or sit) taller in the proximity of an attractive woman.
            (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
            (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
            (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Human mating displays are amusing.
              Exult in your existence, because that very process has blundered unwittingly on its own negation. Only a small, local negation, to be sure: only one species, and only a minority of that species; but there lies hope. [...] Stand tall, Bipedal Ape. The shark may outswim you, the cheetah outrun you, the swift outfly you, the capuchin outclimb you, the elephant outpower you, the redwood outlast you. But you have the biggest gifts of all: the gift of understanding the ruthlessly cruel process that gave us all existence [and the] gift of revulsion against its implications.
              -Richard Dawkins

Comment

Originally posted by Starchild
                Human mating displays are amusing.
                I think my problem is I have no human mating displays.

there has to be something I'm good at that women are impressed by. They just aren't impressed with my feats in Baldur's Gate 2.

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger

Men also suddenly stand (or sit) taller in the proximity of an attractive woman.
                  True. I probably do it myself.

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                  The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Chicks dig guys with skills -- nunchucking skills, bowhunting skills, computer hacking skills.
                    Visit The Frontier for all your geopolitical, historical, sci-fi, and fantasy forum gaming needs.

Comment

Originally posted by DerSchwarzfalke
                      Chicks dig guys with skills -- nunchucking skills, bowhunting skills, computer hacking skills.

...getting-a-life skills?

Comment

vote for pedro
                        In da butt.
                        "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                        THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                        "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Originally posted by DerSchwarzfalke
                          If chicks digged computer hacking skills, all the nerds wouldn't be singles.

Comment

If this were a general problem for you and not something happening at a Womyn's Convention then I'd say you are staring too hard and probably not smiling. If you want to get a woman to look at you, then you have to avert your eyes until you feel them looking at you. Give them a second or two to check out the goods, and then calmly meet their gaze and smile. Don't force that smile, a simple and fairly subtle smile is enough to activate their mammalian receptors and besides that, it is a lot sexier. In other words, if pushing doesn't work, than try pulling.

I work in the service industry. One of the things I learned at my first job as a bag boy 4 years ago is look all of the customers in the eyes and smile. They might have a question, and when they see you and know you acknowledge them they might ask it. Or perhaps they are lost/confused/not a safe person to have around, you can only tell those things by seeing a persons eyes.

For example, there's a homeless guy that stops by almost every night, I have no idea why. When I see him I look him in the eye and ask how his night is going (in a kind manner mind you) he usually shuffles off without replying. If I dont acknowledge he exists who knows what he will do, maybe he will try to break into a register, torment the guests, the staff, I dont know. I do know that the security gaurds never see him, or if they do they never speak with him.

Perhaps they can sense you're from a small North Alaskan backwater Space

Perhaps, and perhaps they think Im a republican as well.

Besides, you've always got that girl you don't understand a single word of

No. I havent seen her working. Maybe some time this week.

( I WASNT TRYING TO PICK UP ANY OF THE WOMYN, THEY WERE FUGLY )

Eye contact, among mammals, is generally considered a dominance game and a threat. From strangers, eye contact is a dangerous thing. Keeping eye contact with a thug is a good way to get attacked.

I look at everyone in the eye. I aint skerd Ive found that your so called "thugs" are pussies, they wont look anyone in the eye.

( I WASNT STARING AT THEM EITHER, JUST LOOKING, SMILING, AND LOOKING THE NEXT ONE IN THE EYE )

Slightly off topic, most people, men, women, children, teenagers, punks, thugs, drug dealers, the homeless, almost everyone wont look my in the eye when Im walking around on the street. I find it amusing.

Although there was one guy, probably short a few screws, did stare back at me, but thats how I knew to be ready to fight. But as I said, I dont stare at people in the eye, thats rude.

Comment

I'm terrible at eye contact. I'm a little better at breast contact.

Comment

Originally posted by Dissident
                                I'm terrible at eye contact. I'm a little better at breast contact.
                                Way off topic. I was walking to work the other day when I saw a cute asian chick sitting on the side walk with a few of her friends, she had a huge rack and was wearing a low cut shirt. I had to try really hard not to stare as there was a very big man sitting with them and I had a huge grin on my face.

Comment

Working...
                                X